Reasonably priced property?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Reasonably priced property?

Postby Lloyd007 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there are still any places close to Lima that are worth investing in property where it may have a really good return on investment in a few years time? I mean within a couple of hours drive?

Prices seem so exorbitant in Lima, even in places like Magdalena and San Miguel. Every beach ''resort'' is extremely costly, too.

Small, nice towns ''close'' to Lima that people have visited and have found to be pleasant where it still has a nice feel to it, not overflowing with gringos and apartments. Something unspoiled by large construction companies. Am I asking for too much?

Lloyd
Last edited by Lloyd007 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Reasonably priced property?

Postby caliguy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:15 pm

hi LLoyd,
have you ever visited Cañete? it seems to be moderately priced, small city about 2 hours south of Lima. Lunahuana is just a short trip from there, and the pacific ocean is also a short drive away. Rio Cañete is their water supply (very clean river). Population of about 200,000. the food is excellent, as is the beef. it is a mix of city and agricultural together. it is much more tranquil than Lima. i am seriously thinking about buying property there as well. heres a wiki link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca%C3%B1ete_Province
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank you Caliguy! Lunahuana is my ideal place and I have been several times... but Cañete itself as a town has a lot of hussle and bustle, although has better medical services than Lunahuana. Then going even further inland from Lunahuana you have very little help if you get sick as even a farmacy is scarce. Lunahuana is very chilled out, very small, attractive and also has a nice climate.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:04 pm

you're welcome :D i was looking online of properties in Lunahuana. seems to be a little pricey for a nice sized lot near the river. what type of property are you looking for? apartment, house, land?
the link below is what would be right up my alley. nice private road surrounded by trees and views of the mountains, and a very sizable lot for less than 100K.
http://lima-lima.olx.com.pe/vendo-terre ... big-viewer
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:09 pm

In Puenta Piedra and Ate Vitarte, you can still buy nice brandnew 3 bedflats for around 100000 soles in a condominium with swimming pool, gym, minimarket and internet café. But be quick prices are rising rapidly. Especially when La Metropolitana will start serving those áreas, prices will be beefed up.

A few monhts ago, I bought a brandnew 2 bedflat in Puenta Piedra for 78000 soles. Now it's worth 95000.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:29 am

LOL :)
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:42 am

Property to live in or rentals are more reasonable. The real estate curve for Peru started in 2007, and stabilized in 2010 and there is currently an economic deceleration, because of 2 factors: 1. US- FED Quantitative Easing (QE), 2. China's is on the brink of a credit bust (a number of major chinese investment banks in default). Now if you want to purchase for rental income it may be a good idea(Long Term). As The Sol depreciates, foreign currency appreciates and vacation and tourism should be more attractive. I would do the research, I am personally looking for an apartment in Lima to rent out and to visit. But I am cautious about pulling the trigger until a correction or economic deceleration has passed.I am no experts, but these are strong indicators. Investigate and do your due diligence.

GDP Growth Rates:
2010-2011-2012-2013
8.5__6.5___6.0__5.3 Peru
10.4__ 9.3__7.7__ 7.7 China

Note: January 2014, GDP grew 4.23 % in Peru

Gestion.pe:
Credit card delinquencies on record high
Friday, March 7, 2014
According to the Association of Banks, the delinquency rate of plastic money is rising steadily since April 2011. Experts warn risks.

Foreign direct investment in Peru fell 17% to reach U.S. $ 10.172 billion last year
Saturday, March 22, 2014

While the trend has been positive in recent years, this slip shows that economic growth will not be maintained by inertia. "The idea is absurd autopilot" criticized ComexPerú.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:35 am

Thank you for the responses, and I prefer to buy something ready made, house or apartment, nice of the view of the river in Lunahuana would be perfect. I'll plan a trip down there in the coming weeks and see what I can come up with. Will keep you posted if there's anything interesting.... as a sleepy little town, I fugure that going in person might be a better option.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register