Thanksgiving 2014

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
DC_20833

Thanksgiving 2014

Postby DC_20833 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 pm

In 2012 ACAP had a Thanksgiving Dinner at the Casa Andia Hotel Private Collection in Miraflores it was the best Thanksgiving Dinner I have eaten hands down. The Turkey was moist even the breast which is unheard of. Also plenty of selections for non-turkey people Roast Beef, and Ham all very well prepared. Lots of other stuff too.

I was wondering if there is any interest here on Expat Peru in doing something like this for 2014. Thanksgiving is a great time because many Expats stay here in Peru and wait to return home for Christmas. If you are interested just reply in this thread. In your reply please also state what you are willing to pay for a all inclusive Dinner.

chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Thanksgiving 2014

Postby chi chi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Great initiative.

Preparing Turkey is one of my specialties.
Turkey, veggies and other food can be bought cheaply at the mercado. And drinks can be bought for a democratic price at MAKRO.
If an expat is willing to borrow his big roofterrace or lives in a building where there's a communal party room then that would be an advantage. Chairs and tables can be rented for little money.

Nice paper napkins, tablecloths and decoration can be bougt at a democratic price in the Calle Capon área.

I am prepared to pay 15 lucas. Nada mas.
wojcmich
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Thanksgiving 2014

Postby wojcmich » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Yes! I am in!

Where and when?

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register