Peruvians prefer apartment that offers more than a good p

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Peruvians prefer apartment that offers more than a good p

Postby teamoperu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:55 am

Peruvians prefer an apartment that offers more than a good price and location

http://gestion.pe/inmobiliaria/peruanos ... 2014_07_15

“Among the preferences of these groups include the location, quality and price, but with so much supply of apartments, Peruvians tend to look for those places that give them an added value and social areas: cinemas, fitness center, banquet facilities, baths, among others.”

captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peruvians prefer apartment that offers more than a good p

Postby captcosmic » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:08 am

Looks like Peruvians are starting to look at free time as well. Not just a place to hold up in while they are not at work! :)
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:55 pm

If you live in a building that has different things like a gym, mini-minimarket, internetcafe, swimming pool, comunal laundry área then you save money and time as well.

If you go to a gym outside the building, you easily spend 100-200 soles a month, an internetconnection 100 soles a month, getting your clothes laundered in a lavandería another 150 a month and on top of that the busfare. And the less you have to leave the building, the less chance you get to get robbed or run over by a combi.

But I lived in a building in San Miguel and now have a flat in Puenta Piedra and both buildings have all those amenities but most residents don't use them.
When I go to the gym or internetcafe in the building, it's always the same faces I see in there. When I go to the pool, most of time, I am there alone.

But what I can't understand is that those buildings have a comunal laundry room where you can use a dryer to dry your clothes for only 1 sol but people still prefer to dry their clothes on their balcony where they get stained by the smog. :shock:
Last edited by chi chi on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Sounds pretty sweet to me!! An apartment and you get the good amenities all to yourself! :lol:
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:19 pm

captcosmic wrote:Sounds pretty sweet to me!! An apartment and you get the good amenities all to yourself! :lol:

That's better too because few people take a shower before they go to the pool or they leave sweat all over the gym equipment.

I always take one of those disinfecting wipes with me to wipe the keyboard and mouse when I go to the internet café in the building. Not everybody washes his hands when using the computers after using the toilet.
Keyboards and computer mice are know to be popular breeding places for all kind of bacterias.
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:43 pm

People act like these so called amenities are free. They are not and many times they aren't a great deal. Everything extra a building has will increase the monthly maintenance. On one side it may save you some time, but on the other you will still be paying for it. The added amenity might help with the resell of your place, but than again if the maint. which gets into cash flow is too high, it might hinder your ability to sell especially if the market softens.
Bobby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Bobby » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:34 am

sbaustin wrote:People act like these so called amenities are free. They are not and many times they aren't a great deal. Everything extra a building has will increase the monthly maintenance. On one side it may save you some time, but on the other you will still be paying for it. The added amenity might help with the resell of your place, but than again if the maint. which gets into cash flow is too high, it might hinder your ability to sell especially if the market softens.

I agree they aren't a great deal but they are generally not really expensive as condos that offer these amenities are very big (more than 200 apartments) so the monthly fee isn't really high. But they do add value for the resell.
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:05 am

Yes. I have read here that a gym membership is really costly in Lima. So a good option, would be a gym in your own condo! Maybe you would use it more often if it was just an elevator ride away, instead of taxi ride away!

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register