San Bojra

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

San Bojra

Postby captcosmic » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:51 am

Do any of you all live in San Borja? If you do, whats the best area in your humble opinion?

Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: San Bojra

Postby Guiri » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:47 am

San Borja Norte , close to the old ministry of education...but its pricey :twisted:
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:55 am

Guiri wrote:San Borja Norte , close to the old ministry of education...but its pricey :twisted:

I used to live near Av Las Artes and it is nice. Although it's not particularly cheap, I found the apartments tend to be noticeably bigger than what you find in districts like Miraflores for a similar price. And there's the new shopping centre La Rambla which replaced an old Plaza Vea with a new cinema, restaurants. In fact, round that whole area, there are lots of nice restaurants and places to go out. I specifically like Sarcletti's. San Borja Sur is a bit quieter and more residential. Towards the Surquillo end of San Borja, prices drop a bit, paticularly from Aviacion and Primavera, so if you're looking for any bargains, that's probably the area to look in.
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Thank you both! :)
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Sergio Bernales wrote:And there's the new shopping centre La Rambla which replaced an old Plaza Vea with a new cinema, restaurants.

La Rambla is nice. There a very nice coffee place accross the road where they sell delicious pastries.The place looks very posh but the prices are democratic.
It's the first place so far I encountered in Lima that has a good Irish coffee.
ABEJORRO
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ABEJORRO » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Dear Captcosmic,

I lived 2 months ago on Av. San Borja Norte a few metres from el Pentagonito, great area.

Now I relocated to Los Angeles, but still working with clients doing business in Peru.

Have a great day.

Best,

Rafael Delgado
Rafael F. Delgado-Pacheco

http://www.delgadopachecolaw.com
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Thanks Rafael. Best of luck to you in your endeavors in LA!!
ABEJORRO
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ABEJORRO » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:51 pm

Thank you Captain Cosmic!!

Have a great day!

Rafael
Rafael F. Delgado-Pacheco

http://www.delgadopachecolaw.com
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:40 pm

As said previously the Pentagonita area of San Boja is worth looking at. Lots of greenery, water features, places to exercise, kids areas, and a short trip to places like El Polo and Jockey plaza. You can get to Miraflores pretty quickly by taxi as well, maybe 15 minutes with little traffic.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register