Mt. Dew

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mt. Dew

Postby captcosmic » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Not sure if there are any Mt. Dew fans out there. But my wife just bought three cans at Tottus! It was the only three left! Any one else seen them around?

teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Mt. Dew

Postby teamoperu » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:18 am

Yes, I see it in small quantities in my local Metro. Often they have Dr Pepper too!
cjp
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby cjp » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:50 am

The Wong in the Ovalo Gutierrez often has Mountain Dew.
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:58 am

Man you guys have been holding out on me. I really like Inka Cola, but it ain't like doing the Dew. :) :)
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:47 am

The Wong on Bajada Balta has one refrigerator full of all American sodas, they usually keep it right where the elevator conveyer belt leaves you when you go up. There's Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, I believe Sunkist or Crush and I've seen the occassional Vanilla Coke. But yeah, that Wong is like teletransporting to the US.
Regards,

Argidd
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:03 am

argidd wrote:The Wong on Bajada Balta has one refrigerator full of all American sodas, they usually keep it right where the elevator conveyer belt leaves you when you go up. There's Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, I believe Sunkist or Crush and I've seen the occassional Vanilla Coke. But yeah, that Wong is like teletransporting to the US.

Sounds like that Wong is also importing obesity and diabetes.

I stopped drinking sodas. I only drink wáter and fruitjuices. (fruitjuices that I prepare at home because the ones sold at jugerias are full of sugar)

Those soda bottles that mention 0% fat on their label are often the worst. They contain a lot of sugar.
Especially the Ice Tea is very bad.

http://time.com/2826750/theres-even-mor ... you-think/
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Come one it is just a can of Mt. Dew. Yes it is full of sugar, and is probably bad for me. But I don't have it flowing through my veins! :) I was just happy I could get a little taste of the US. :lol: You don't always have to ruin a guy's high with your negativity? :(
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:06 pm

chi chi wrote:
argidd wrote:The Wong on Bajada Balta has one refrigerator full of all American sodas, they usually keep it right where the elevator conveyer belt leaves you when you go up. There's Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, I believe Sunkist or Crush and I've seen the occassional Vanilla Coke. But yeah, that Wong is like teletransporting to the US.

Sounds like that Wong is also importing obesity and diabetes.

I stopped drinking sodas. I only drink wáter and fruitjuices. (fruitjuices that I prepare at home because the ones sold at jugerias are full of sugar)

Those soda bottles that mention 0% fat on their label are often the worst. They contain a lot of sugar.
Especially the Ice Tea is very bad.

http://time.com/2826750/theres-even-mor ... you-think/

It's each person's decision how much they drink, and what they drink.
Regards,

Argidd
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Yeah the wong on Ovalo Gutierrez is a god sent for sodas! Have you also tried the gas station on Arequipa justna couple of blocks up from the Miraflores Ovalo.

I'm a big fan of Cherry Coke and Dr Pepper but both don't seem to go down well with the Peruvians i know. Has anyone else noticed this? You've got to love Mountain Dew as well!
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:44 pm

My wife and twins (4 year olds) love doing the Dew. We cut it with water when we give it to them (before Chi Chi tells me how bad it is!). The oldest, also Peruvian, loves Mt. Dew as well. But she is a teenager. I have not met many teenagers who don't like the Dew.

Miraflores is kind of far. We live in Monterrico in ATE. She found a couple of six packs on her last visit to Wong. :lol:
amd249

Postby amd249 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:25 am

I remember I was starting to miss the Dew and someone had mentioned they've seen it in Peru. I started going from one store to another. A worker at Wong had mentioned it that they in fact sold it, but it wasn't available at the moment. From then on, I went every two days to see if they had it, and when I asked if they knew when they would, they said they didn't know. Some months after I lost all hope and gave up. Until one day while casually passing by the sodas alley. I saw the light, I saw hope. I took my cart, and started filling it up with only green cans filled with the elixir of life.

TL;DR

Yes, I like Mtn Dew
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:00 am

NICE!! Gotta love doing the DEW! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register