Weird Al

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Weird Al

Postby captcosmic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:28 am

Has anyone seen Weird Al's new videos. They are destined to become classics IMHO. :)

The first three really made me smile. Foil reminds me a couple of guys I know who are in the foil hat society! Mission Statement reminds me of my MBA days. Gotta love Weird Al.

http://mashable.com/2014/07/23/weird-al ... billbaord/

ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Weird Al

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:35 am

I haven't seen any of his new videos but read how his latest album went #1, which is a first for him. Looking at photos he hasn't seemed to age. I worked with him once on TV special. He climbed a circus sway pole, played Jimi Hendrix's 'Purple Haze' on accordion while swaying around, and at the end threw the accordion down to the ground where it broke into a million pieces. I remember him being a cool guy, very down to earth, no huge ego or other BS.
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:41 am

ironchefchris wrote:I haven't seen any of his new videos but read how his latest album went #1, which is a first for him. Looking at photos he hasn't seemed to age. I worked with him once on TV special. He climbed a circus sway pole, played Jimi Hendrix's 'Purple Haze' on accordion while swaying around, and at the end threw the accordion down to the ground where it broke into a million pieces. I remember him being a cool guy, very down to earth, no huge ego or other BS.

Most excellent story dude. Nice to hear that there are still "famous" folks who have not totally checked into their own reality of importance! Talk about not aging. Yea, I just read he is a couple days older than me. I should be so lucky! :lol:
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:27 am

hahaha, love the "First World Problems" vid. thanks for the link.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8CTEEOMLgE

No Hendrix as I remembered. Must have been during rehearsal.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register