Will pay to bring our pet Lola from Lima to Florida

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Will pay to bring our pet Lola from Lima to Florida

Postby jvimage » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi, I am bumping-re-posting this fresh because we have not been able to get our pet to fly with someone going to Florida in an airline that allows pets to be checked in as luggage. Read below.

Thanks to all the people who responded but for one or another reason were unable to carry-out the task.

Expat friends in Peru (or friends of friends) flying from Lima to Florida (Miami/Orlando), in the near future.
We need our dog Lola to rejoin our family here in Gainesville, Florida. We need someone to fly with her as checked baggage in her kennel. Will pay you for the favor (aside from Lola's fare, of course). We will meet you at the airport of destination.

We returned back to the US early June without Lola because we were living in a temp rental place that did not accept pets, until we could find a permanent housing situation, which we now have.

Lola is 7 years old and has mild hip dysplasia, making her a poor candidate to travel as cargo in a commercial airline since Peru requires a 24-48 hour quarantine before she leaves, and possibly another 24 hours upon arrival in Florida, when flying as cargo.

She would be able to travel and avoid the quarantines as accompanied checked-in luggage, but the person who promised would bring her changed her mind and won't do it anymore. Airlines that accept pets as checked in luggage are, American, Delta, United, Lan, Copa.

She is a total sweetheart of a loving Lad, has all her shots and paperwork and ready to travel with her kennel, food and water bowl. Need a 3-5 day notice to get her pre-paid ticket a heartworm booster shot at the Vet.

She is staying with a close friend of ours in the meantime.

Thanks!!
Attachments
Lola and Sam 2.JPG
Summer of 2009
Lola and Sam 2.JPG (75.25 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Lola.jpg
Lola
Lola.jpg (78.12 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Last edited by jvimage on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

be as you are
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Will pay to bring our pet Lola from Lima to Florida

Postby chi chi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Nice dog. I hope you find anyone soon who can bring her home.
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jvimage » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:48 pm

chi chi wrote:Nice dog. I hope you find anyone soon who can bring her home.

Thanks Chichi!! Pass the word.
be as you are
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:04 pm

I wonder why my post was deleted. Look for Pet Wings, they may be able to help you.
Regards,

Argidd
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jvimage » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:18 pm

argidd wrote:I wonder why my post was deleted. Look for Pet Wings, they may be able to help you.

Thanks, Argid, I checked with Pet Wings and their rates are pretty outrageous. We are still looking to have her come with someone.

Last bumped by jvimage on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:18 pm.
be as you are

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register