Maybe it's time for Chi Chi to say 'adios'.

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maybe it's time for Chi Chi to say 'adios'.

Postby timothy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:51 am

Or to start his very own Forum.

I have put ExPat Peru on my personal back burner and not even looked at it for months at a time.

Reason: Some people start using it as their own personal instrument to gain attention and every other post you see is by this ONE person.

I mean, what the hell? "Guess what I'm eating right now with my g.f.?"

Chi Chi, Who cares what you are eating right now, in Spain?

Perhaps there is an Ex-Pat Spain Forum and it might be of interest to someone exploring Spanish food, in Spain.

You posted that you were happy to leave Peru, and that every new place you go to is far better than Peru.

So, why not say 'adios' to ExPat Peru and leave it to those who want to use it as an instrument to explore everything about Peru, and not get bogged down by your personal details that are better suited to your own FaceBook page ?

chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Maybe it's time for Chi Chi to say 'adios'.

Postby chi chi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:34 am

As your location, you stated Isaan. That's in the North of Thailand.

So why are you posting here then?

My gf is Peruvian, I have several properties in Peru and I travel regularly to Peru so I have a strong bond with Peru.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Isaan
timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby timothy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:19 pm

chi chi wrote:As your location, you stated Isaan. That's in the North of Thailand.

My gf is Peruvian, I have several properties in Peru and I travel regularly to Peru so I have a strong bond with Peru.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Isaan

What a surprise ! A response so soon !

After reading that a couple of times, I think I might understand what you said, then.

I joined ExPat Peru several years ago when I was working in Isaan. OK so far ? I did not see the need to change this because I don't think it's an issue with the Forum, and unlike you, I doubt that the forum members care much about every personal thought and action.

I had not been to Peru for several years and I had some specific questions to ask about the present, and felt that I might even contribute based on my own past experiences in Peru. Once again I'll be returning to Peru, and I have some questions that some of the forum members can answer. You still OK with this ?

I, too, once had a Peruvian girlfriend, so I guess I qualify on all fronts.
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm starting to find some of chi chi's posts mildly amusing and look forwrd to his return to Peru, when I'm sure we'll all be treated to a very Perucentric post about the longest and most expensive border hop in the history of the ExPat forum.
I only hope they give him a 183 day visa. :lol:
Last edited by panman on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slippery Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippery Jack » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:46 pm

He's the main reason I come on here. I started out looking for information but have become hooked by the endless posts that I can only think are designed to wind up the other folks. And people bite every time.

Please may it all continue. And, by the way, I hear that kabul has an excellent and generous welfare system. Expand and discuss.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Slippery Jack wrote:I hear that kabul has an excellent and generous welfare system. Expand and discuss.

I've heard that too, but Kabul has nothing on Damascus when it comes to generous welfare.
Slippery Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippery Jack » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Get in! I'm saddling up the donkey, as we speak.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Adios chi chi
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 pm

teamoperu wrote:Adios chi chi

Hasta la vista, baby. :lol:
gringito
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringito » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm

@timothy:

The fact that a person does not like another person`s inputs in this forum is not a legitimate ground to demand his/her exclusion or withdrawal from this forum.
If you have a mental problem with a certain user it is basically YOUR mental problem.

Possible solutions:
If it is boring: ignore it!
If you have better inputs: WRITE!
If you don`t like it: ignore it!
If it offends you: speak up!
If you do not share another person’s opinion: Tell him your opinion and your arguments.
Live and let live.

Just my 2 cents...
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:20 pm

gringito wrote:@timothy:

The fact that a person does not like another person`s inputs in this forum is not a legitimate ground to demand his/her exclusion or withdrawal from this forum.
If you have a mental problem with a certain user it is basically YOUR mental problem.

I would dropTimothy off at La Calle De Las Pizzas.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:44 pm

gringito wrote:@timothy:

Possible solutions:
If it is boring: ignore it!
If you have better inputs: WRITE!
If you don`t like it: ignore it!
If it offends you: speak up!
If you do not share another person’s opinion: Tell him your opinion and your arguments.
Live and let live.

Just my 2 cents...

I understand and appreciate what you are saying gringito. However freedom of speech is not an unfettered right. You cannot hate post, you cannot incite mass murder etc. You cannot defame people or they can take you to court for damages and force your post to be removed. Indeed, posts have been removed from this forum and even people have been banned. I get your point, do you get mine? So add to your list of options, the option to say adios to someone, an option has been implemented on this forum in the past and I assume in the future. Chi chi, under a different name, has previously been banned / suspended / dissappeared from this forum.
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:28 am

teamoperu wrote: However freedom of speech is not an unfettered right.
Actually it should be ! :twisted:
timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:32 am

[b][quote][/quote]Chi chi, under a different name, has previously been banned / suspended / dissappeared from this forum.[/b]

I would bet the 'finca' that El Sr. ChiChi currently has several pen-names, (nom de plumes, seudomimos) active in ExPatPeru Forum. He starts some obscure thread and if no one bites, he answers himself, compliments himself, and pats himself on his various backs. This thread is a fine example.

With all the time he(they) devote to this forum, I doubt that he has any time for a girlfriend or for travel !
tomsax
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tomsax » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:28 am

I wouldn't say its time for chichi to say adios. But I do think he should be less bitter at times. He's got some chips on his shoulder and sometimes that comes through in some insulting and over negative posts, even if he isn't aware of it himself. But that is only occasionally. Most of his posts are harmless, sometimes they are amusing and sometimes, for whatever reason, he actually hits on some good advice.

Yes I think people are right to post when his comments or recommendations should be treated with major suspicion or are just plain wrong. Unfortunatley I myself treat everything he posts as liable to be completely made up so don't actually pay them enough attension to do much of that. Why enter a world of non reality? But let's face it he isn't the only person to post nonsense. If we banned all people on that basis a lot of colourful characters would have to go and I don't think it's Alan's responsibility or inclination to manage that sort of criteria. Part of accepting free speech is accepting you have to read/listen to a lot of stuff that just isn't true.
Tom
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:17 pm

tomsax wrote: But let's face it he isn't the only person to post nonsense. If we banned all people on that basis a lot of colourful characters would have to go and I don't think it's Alan's responsibility or inclination to manage that sort of criteria. Part of accepting free speech is accepting you have to read/listen to a lot of stuff that just isn't true.

Thanks for the words, Tom; that pretty much sums it up. As a user, I also get upset when somebody posts false or overly negative information, but feel that it is also up to the community to help police this, and unless a post is over-the-top trolling, snaps a rule in two, or is overtly malicious, I usually won´t take action.

Some days there is a high volume of posts, and due to my own work schedule, I might not even get to read all that is written. In short.. I´d just urge some tolerance, and if someone writes something that is incorrect, point it out politely.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:43 pm

timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby timothy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:10 am

Alan wrote:
tomsax wrote: But let's face it he isn't the only person to post nonsense. If we banned all people on that basis a lot of colourful characters would have to go and I don't think it's Alan's responsibility or inclination to manage that sort of criteria. Part of accepting free speech is accepting you have to read/listen to a lot of stuff that just isn't true.

Thanks for the words, Tom; that pretty much sums it up. As a user, I also get upset when somebody posts false or overly negative information, but feel that it is also up to the community to help police this, and unless a post is over-the-top trolling, snaps a rule in two, or is overtly malicious, I usually won´t take action.

Some days there is a high volume of posts, and due to my own work schedule, I might not even get to read all that is written. In short.. I´d just urge some tolerance, and if someone writes something that is incorrect, point it out politely.

Hi Alan. It's been a couple of years and I've finished my time in Asia and now will be returning to Peru, perhaps to settle in on a permanent basis. Of course I agree to your comments above. You've kept this Forum flying for quite some time so obviously you're doing the right things.

Over the years there have been persons who have become over-zealous within the Forum. Some just want to sound off, and some who are like vandals with cans of spray paint who simply want to put their signatures on everything, whether it contributes to the theme of the thread, or not.

Regardless, I return to Ex-PatPeru for information and advice and there are many Forum members that contribute in helpful ways.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:18 am

timothy wrote:Regardless, I return to Ex-PatPeru for information and advice and there are many Forum members that contribute in helpful ways.

Thanks for your compliment, myself and other people here are always happy to help you out.

I'd rather make friends than money.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 pm

I must admit I do find Chi Chi mildly amusing. On a personal basis he does not worry me, but his postings are usually incorrect and this can have a strong impact on the unknowing members. My biggest peeve is the contradictions and the attempt to derail some very good advice provided by others. A development is underway outside the forum, in an attempt to muster support for CC and belittle / malign contributors, via their private email addresses. The idiot obviously obtained these addresses from ExPat and publicly lists the contact details on his mails. It is a simple process to block him and this has been done.
timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby timothy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:00 am

adrian Thorne wrote:I must admit I do find Chi Chi mildly amusing. On a personal basis he does not worry me, but his postings are usually incorrect and this can have a strong impact on the unknowing members. My biggest peeve is the contradictions and the attempt to derail some very good advice provided by others. A development is underway outside the forum, in an attempt to muster support for CC and belittle / malign contributors, via their private email addresses. The idiot obviously obtained these addresses from ExPat and publicly lists the contact details on his mails. It is a simple process to block him and this has been done.

I hope that a lot of people read your post.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:29 am

timothy wrote:
adrian Thorne wrote:I must admit I do find Chi Chi mildly amusing. On a personal basis he does not worry me, but his postings are usually incorrect and this can have a strong impact on the unknowing members. My biggest peeve is the contradictions and the attempt to derail some very good advice provided by others. A development is underway outside the forum, in an attempt to muster support for CC and belittle / malign contributors, via their private email addresses. The idiot obviously obtained these addresses from ExPat and publicly lists the contact details on his mails. It is a simple process to block him and this has been done.

untitled.png
untitled.png (90.44 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:21 am

chi chi wrote:
timothy wrote:

untitled.png

Pardon my ignorance but I don't quite get it. I get the sentiment in general that, but who are you referring to when you say "plonkers?" The "unknowing members?" Those who "attempt to derail some very good advice provided by others?" "The idiot...malign(ing) contributors, via their private email addresses?" Surely not yourself.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 pm

ironchefchris wrote:
chi chi wrote:
timothy wrote:

untitled.png

Pardon my ignorance but I don't quite get it. I get the sentiment in general that, but who are you referring to when you say "plonkers?" The "unknowing members?" Those who "attempt to derail some very good advice provided by others?" "The idiot...malign(ing) contributors, via their private email addresses?" Surely not yourself.

Thanks ironchefchris for posting this. Now I don't feel so bad because I too have absolutely no idea what is plonkers or even the intent of the post. I have no idea if plonkers he is referring to himself or people like him who derail threads or people who refuse to prove what they say or what.

I do sense things are building up for an explosion or an adios.
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 pm

A tip for anyone who isn't already aware:

You can add a user to your "enemy" list in the User Control Panel and their posts will then automatically be hidden from your view. You can still see that they posted something and you can click to see what they posted if you are suddenly interested, but by default the text of their message will not be visible to you.

If you feel that someone is posting just to get attention, then take that attention away.
timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:53 am

timothy wrote:

Adrian Thorne (quoted above) is correct, and thanks for the warning. I have received the following post in my ExpatPeru Inbox. It is sadly childish, and to hide the real author, this clown created Tommyboy three days ago. Gee, I wonder who this could be, with that familiar poor way of writing? Sad when it comes to this.

Alan, problem is that even if one 'blocks sender', anyone can create a new moniker tomorrow and continue the name-calling and take it to new levels. Maybe just best to not check one's inbox ? PS: I deleted the address below to "Tommyboys" own site. No desire to promote his nonsense.

Re: New Forum Options: Wouldn't it be nice ?
Sent: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:02 pm
To: timothy

You know Timmy, it must be really sad being you. Thinking your opinion counts so much you can walk into a forum and pass judgement on a long time member, with many more posts than yourself, by the way, and start attacking him. Who the heck do you think you are, Stalin?
You come into a forum with the express mission getting Chi Chi banned. Why? Is your current existence so inadequate you must attack someone who has NEVER spoke a mean word towards anyone or suggested the things you do simply because you have some personal and inadequacy problems.
Crawl back into your hole.
You might like this web site. You are spotlighted
http://cometo..................... (deleted )
Tommyboy
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:33 pm

timothy wrote:
timothy wrote:

Adrian Thorne (quoted above) is correct, and thanks for the warning. I have received the following post in my ExpatPeru Inbox. It is sadly childish, and to hide the real author, this clown created Tommyboy three days ago. Gee, I wonder who this could be, with that familiar poor way of writing? Sad when it comes to this.

Alan, problem is that even if one 'blocks sender', anyone can create a new moniker tomorrow and continue the name-calling and take it to new levels. Maybe just best to not check one's inbox ? PS: I deleted the address below to "Tommyboys" own site. No desire to promote his nonsense.

You know Timmy, it must be really sad being you. Thinking your opinion counts so much you can walk into a forum and pass judgement on a long time member, with many more posts than yourself, by the way, and start attacking him. Who the heck do you think you are, Stalin?
You come into a forum with the express mission getting Chi Chi banned. Why? Is your current existence so inadequate you must attack someone who has NEVER spoke a mean word towards anyone or suggested the things you do simply because you have some personal and inadequacy problems.
Tommyboy

timothy, the moderators can find out which IP-address and which country someone wrote posts from.

I won't be surprised that coincidentially, Tommyboy wrote from the same IP address as you and from the same country. :wink:

I made more than 5000 posts on expatperu and they all have been approved by the moderators. I helped out many people with information.

timothy, if you have any issues, then why don't you write me a pm instead of smearing out your hateposts against me all over the forum?
Nobody takes you serious here.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:10 pm

chi chi wrote:
timothy wrote:
timothy wrote:

Tommyboy

timothy, the moderators can find out which IP-address and which country someone wrote posts from.

I won't be surprised that coincidentially, Tommyboy wrote from the same IP address as you and from the same country. :wink:

I made more than 5000 posts on expatperu and they all have been approved by the moderators. I helped out many people with information.

timothy, if you have any issues, then why don't you write me a pm instead of smearing out your hateposts against me all over the forum?
Nobody takes you serious here.

I take him seriously. You on the other hand...

Moderators do not "approve" posts. They can remove posts. Chi chi, ever had any of your posts removed - rhetorical question, the answer is obvious.

Your posts help people? A broken clock is right twice a day. You hit on a right answer once in awhile but the vast majority contain exaggeration and misinformation. How is someone to know when the miraculous happens and the broken clock is right? More often it is wrong, just like you.

And when you are wrong you refuse to back up your claim, so someone can't even assess whether to believe you or not.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:50 pm

teamoperu wrote:I take him seriously. You on the other hand...

Moderators do not "approve" posts. They can remove posts. Chi chi, ever had any of your posts removed - rhetorical question, the answer is obvious.

Your posts help people? A broken clock is right twice a day. You hit on a right answer once in awhile but the vast majority contain exaggeration and misinformation. How is someone to know when the miraculous happens and the broken clock is right? More often it is wrong, just like you.

And when you are wrong you refuse to back up your claim, so someone can't even assess whether to believe you or not.

teamoperu, if you have a problem with someone why don't you send that person a PM.
Why smearing things out on a public fórum?

If you really think that you are right then you shouldn't be scared to discuss the issues via a PM.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:57 pm

chi chi wrote:

teamoperu, if you have a problem with someone why don't you send that person a PM.

If you really think that you are right then you shouldn't be scared to discuss the issues via a PM.

I would think that if someone feels they are right and makes a statement in a public forum they shouldn't be scared of a discussion of that statement in a public forum, including a request to back up their public statement with proof or a source of their statement.

As far as the person who sent the pm to Timothy stating in part "... you can walk into a forum and pass judgement on a long time member, with many more posts than yourself,...." Take a look at when Timothy joined this forum and take a look at when chi chi joined this forum. Timothy's got more than three years on chi chi as far as being registered here. As far as number of posts, I think quality of posts trumps quantity. WITYMD (What's Important To You May Differ).
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:04 pm

teamoperu wrote:

Quite for a while I've been reading the thread and actually come to believe that some people take the idea of a forum way too seriously. I don't think that a person looking for information on a forum would be too interested in reading how UNICEF defines levels of poverty throughout the world. Is it $1.25 a day or less? I don't care and don't know about that but what I know is that a Peruvian living in a shanty town in the outskirts of Lima and earning S/.800.00 a month would never consider him/herself a middleclass Peruvian. And there are millions of those throughout Peru. Neither, I guess, would those who visit the thread be interested in reading the proofs Chi Chi could provide. Personally, I visit this forum to learn people's opinions, hear people share their personal experience and I absolutely don't care to read statistics from UNICEF or any other organization. Teamoperu thinks that most Peruvians aren't poor, that's OK with me, Chi chi thinks otherwise and that doesn't bother me either. Why start a manhunt? People's opinions tend to differ all the time, why make a problem of it?
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:11 pm

chi chi wrote:

There are complicated answers, and simple answers. The simple one. If someone posts exaggerated or misinformation like you do on a public forum and no one corrects it on that public forum then the incorrect information stands and there is no correct information to counterbalance it.

What smearing? I asked you to back up your statement, provide evidence, pretty normal thing to do. Even though unnecessary, I provided some evidence that your statement was wrong. You have yet to provide any evidence your statement was correct.
rubble
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rubble » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:57 am

I don't think Chi Chi (or whatever name he chooses to use) should be silenced. He is 'special'. He reminds me of the pub bore who sits in the corner (pewter tankard with his name on) and has an opinión about everything - even when he knows nothing about the subject - and for the most part is ignored by everyone. However, every now and again he comes out with such bollox that he has to be pulled up on it.

Among my favourites are;

British police are the most corrupt in the world. Five times, I think it was, he had to pay bribes - yet couldn't remember any actual details.
A Texan (?) who bought his house/flat (can't remember which) in Taroporto but paid the asking price in dollars not soles. Euroman/Chi Chi/whoever didn't see any reason to correct him. CC came on here looking for kudos for his great business sense.
How he likes to spend time going to casinos with his friends to watch gringos lose money.

These are just a few that spring to mind.
Problem is that CC is an attention seeking twat so even by posting this I'm playing into his hands ! And before his white knight comes racing to defend him and criticise me for the word 'twat', CC has often accussed me of being a dirty hostel dwelling traveller who hangs around the bus station begging to buy heroin, picking up dog ends and posting with a needle hanging out of my arm (or words to that effect). He's wrong, off course, as meth is my drug of choice.

As for quality posts..... 'gangsta rap school' anyone?
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:53 am

rubble wrote:I don't think Chi Chi (or whatever name he chooses to use) should be silenced. He is 'special'. He reminds me of the pub bore who sits in the corner (pewter tankard with his name on) and has an opinión about everything - even when he knows nothing about the subject - and for the most part is ignored by everyone. However, every now and again he comes out with such bollox that he has to be pulled up on it.

Cliff Clavin'd (they even share the same initials!)

cliff_claven.jpg
cliff_claven.jpg (16.93 KiB) Viewed 1786 times

https://lauriekendrick.wordpress.com/20 ... d-enemies/
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:01 am

There's one thing for sure about chi chi and his posts, he certainly helps keep some of you guys occupied all day.
In some cases, it makes me wonder how shallow life can get.
timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby timothy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:13 pm

mammamia wrote:
teamoperu wrote:

Quite for a while I've been reading the thread and actually come to believe that some people take the idea of a forum way too seriously. I don't think that a person looking for information on a forum would be too interested in reading how UNICEF defines levels of poverty throughout the world. Is it $1.25 a day or less? I don't care and don't know about that but what I know is that a Peruvian living in a shanty town in the outskirts of Lima and earning S/.800.00 a month would never consider him/herself a middleclass Peruvian. And there are millions of those throughout Peru. Neither, I guess, would those who visit the thread be interested in reading the proofs Chi Chi could provide. Personally, I visit this forum to learn people's opinions, hear people share their personal experience and I absolutely don't care to read statistics from UNICEF or any other organization. Teamoperu thinks that most Peruvians aren't poor, that's OK with me, Chi chi thinks otherwise and that doesn't bother me either. Why start a manhunt? People's opinions tend to differ all the time, why make a problem of it?

From my point of view, this is not a manhunt, if indeed this single incarnation of C C is a man. This was not the intent of the original post.

I am simply bored and tired of seeing one person constantly seeking attention with countless posts that usually do not have any substance, often have nothing to do with the original theme or thought. And sometimes seemingly made just to derail the thread.

I do not open threads started by this person so he can have all the space he wants. But often times I (and I am sure, others) hesitate to pursue a thread of interest where he has had the last comment, which covers just about every post made these days.

It's rather like lifting up a toilet seat in a public restroom. You just KNOW that you shouldn't touch it.
Last edited by timothy on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:49 pm

timothy wrote:
I do not open threads started by this person so he can have all the space he wants.

Looks like it's the only thing you can do. I don't think the forum admin will actually want to ban the most prolific poster who, like it or not, generates most discussions on expatperu.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Maybe it's time for timothy to say 'adios'.

Postby chi chi » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Maybe it's time for Timothy to say 'adios'.

I've got loads of messages from people who support me and thanked for for helping them out with many things.
All advice I have given them helped them a lot and thanks to me they could solve their problems.

I never asked anyone money to help them out and even if they offered me money to help them out, I would have refused it.
I'd rather make friends than money. Friends last longer.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:01 am

chi chi wrote:Maybe it's time for Timothy to say 'adios'.

I've got loads of messages from people who support me and thanked for for helping them out with many things.
All advice I have given them helped them a lot and thanks to me they could solve their problems.

I never asked anyone money to help them out and even if they offered me money to help them out, I would have refused it.
I'd rather make friends than money. Friends last longer.

In response to your post.

There are statements that are believable and ones that are not. The statement that you get loads of messages from people who you have helped is not believable. What is confounding is that you may believe it or even think anyone else would believe it. I do not.

I cringed at the thought of loads of people actually following your advice, given its exaggeration and unreliability. Sad for them, but fortunately it is not true.

Given the narcissistic nature of many posts it is also unbelievable that you are motivated altruistically.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and to others in the process. It is estimated that this condition affects one percent of the population.

Symptoms: People who are diagnosed with a narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behaviour. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy.
Symptoms of this disorder include:
- Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
- Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
- Envies others and believes others envy him/her
- Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
- Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
- Is arrogant in attitudes and behaviour
- Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic.” wiki

"loads of people"
“thanks to me they could solve their problems ”. Wow
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:53 am

teamoperu wrote:
Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and to others in the process. It is estimated that this condition affects one percent of the population.

Symptoms: People who are diagnosed with a narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behaviour. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy.
Symptoms of this disorder include:
- Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
- Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
- Envies others and believes others envy him/her
- Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
- Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
- Is arrogant in attitudes and behaviour
- Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic.” wiki

"loads of people"
“thanks to me they could solve their problems ”. Wow

Sounds to me like it's also highly contagious. :lol:
roddd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby roddd » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:45 pm

i have not been on here for a while but i am sure Chi Chi said he was moving to New York ?
did i miss something ?
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:30 pm

roddd wrote:i have not been on here for a while but i am sure Chi Chi said he was moving to New York ?
did i miss something ?

Hi rodd, nice to hear from you again. I was indeed in NY but moved last month to the Kingdom of Spain.
My gf loves it here. Just like in the US, everybody speaks Spanish.

On average, cost of living is lower than in Peru and quality of life is better. Unlimited internet costs 20 euro a month with Movistar and the service you get from them is excellent, a new car is cheaper, and for 270 euros you can rent a luxury furnished appartment with 2 balconies with a view over the mountains and the city.

The best of all of course is that Spain is a EU country so there are no visa requirements at all and you can stay there as long as you want. You can also work without any restrictions or the need of a workvisa. You can also claim wellfare payments as all EU citizens are entitled to.

Godd bless the EU. The only and real land of the free.
timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby timothy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:46 am

Another conversation with himself. Another meaningless post just to get attention.

I think this brings the tally up to around 4 million. Prolific and pointless.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:35 am

timothy wrote:Another conversation with himself. Another meaningless post just to get attention.

I think this brings the tally up to around 4 million. Prolific and pointless.

timothy or tommygirl or whatever names you use...

images355380VP.jpg
images355380VP.jpg (15.29 KiB) Viewed 1640 times

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register