NYE

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

NYE

Postby chi chi » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:11 pm

What are you doing with new years eve?

Anyone setting of firework?

We will stay at home. Too crowded everywhere else.

A good meal and a democraticaly priced bottle of wine will do.
And listening to CD's of Joe Diffie, Brooks & Dunn, Vince Gill, Clint Black, Vern Gosdin and dance through the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVRWYGl4W7M

fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: NYE

Postby fanning » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:28 pm

We will go to our beachhouse in Santa Maria. I will dedicate myself that day to make 'oliebollen' and 'appelflappen'.
Actually I will go there the day before, to do a general cleanup after the house has collected up dust and sand during the winter, and wait for the Movistar guys to install 60 Mb Internet and cable so we can even check-out ExpatPeru from the beach and in the evening watch Netflix or listen to Spotify
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:27 am

I don't believe in NYE. New Years eve dinner in an overcrowded restaurants where prices are beefed up and you get mediocre food and bad service and parties are full of drunk gringos. A ripoff. :lol:
street legal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby street legal » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:42 am

As a professional partier/drinker, I consider NYE as amatuer night.
I've heard too many sirens and seen too many blue light specials along the US highways to know it's better to stay at home and celebrate. Throw a house party and let the guests worry about getting home safely.

Although when we are in Ica, we cut loose a little more and go out.
I feel more safer there.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:47 pm

street legal wrote:Although when we are in Ica, we cut loose a little more and go out.
I feel more safer there.

Ica isn't that much but the desert around the city is amazing.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:27 pm

chi chi wrote:
street legal wrote:Although when we are in Ica, we cut loose a little more and go out.
I feel more safer there.

Tarapoto isn't much either but the countryside around it has a few highlights. Just beware of people trying to rip you off. My gf prefers the desert around Piura. She is like a desert rose, everyone says she is the most beautiful and can't keep their eyes off her.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:24 pm

teamoperu wrote:
chi chi wrote:
I feel more safer there.

Tarapoto isn't much either but the countryside around it has a few highlights. Just beware of people trying to rip you off. My gf prefers the desert around Piura. She is like a desert rose, everyone says she is the most beautiful and can't keep their eyes off her.

teamoperu, what's are you going to do at NYE? Are you going to Tarapoto?
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:42 am

chi chi wrote:
teamoperu wrote:
chi chi wrote:
I feel more safer there.

teamoperu, what's are you going to do at NYE? Are you going to Tarapoto?

Nope. Actually I don't have any real friends for a party. Besides I have a short man complex, am a bit of a sociopath and attention seeker so I don't get invited to parties or weddings anymore. They are tired of my pathological lying. I am too cheap to get a good bottle of bubbly to pop at midnight so I'll probably just listen to music on the Internet and pretend I am someone else. I am afraid to go out at night because the boogieman will get me. Its overcrowded with sweaty smelly people at a disco and sell overpriced beer that makes you sick. The motos rip you off by rising prices that night. Its all a capitalistic ploy by the big companies ripping you off to get you to spend your money for nothing. Better to stay at one of my many homes alone with the cold blooded reptiles that are so active at night. Its cheaper and at least they think I am a big somebody.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:18 am

teamoperu, many people spend NYE alone.

But you don't have to spend it with friends or relatives.

When I was working as a flight attendant, I always worked on Christmas and NYE.

I always opted to work on a long trip on those days.

I've spend Christmas and NYE in places like the Maldives, Las Vegas, New York, Paris, Venice, Miami, Singapore and the Bahamas. And as usual, the crew stays in 5 star luxury hotels and dines at gastronomic restaurants.

The best thing of all is that I got paid to do all that.
Last edited by chi chi on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
gringuano
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringuano » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:21 am

I see what you did there teamoperu. :)
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:34 am

teamoperu wrote:
chi chi wrote:teamoperu, what's are you going to do at NYE? Are you going to Tarapoto?

Nope. Actually I don't have any real friends for a party. Besides I have a short man complex, am a bit of a sociopath and attention seeker so I don't get invited to parties or weddings anymore. They are tired of my pathological lying.

I feel sorry for you. It must be hard to spend Christmas and NYE alone.

But you don't have to. There are many charities that organise free Christmas dinner and NYE dinners for the lonely. There might be one in your área. Worth checking it out.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... es-8345114

I wish you all the best for 2015 and hope you make friends next year.
timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby timothy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:06 am

chi chi wrote:
teamoperu wrote:
chi chi wrote:teamoperu, what's are you going to do at NYE? Are you going to Tarapoto?

Nope. Actually I don't have any real friends for a party. Besides I have a short man complex, am a bit of a sociopath and attention seeker so I don't get invited to parties or weddings anymore. They are tired of my pathological lying.

I feel sorry for you. It must be hard to spend Christmas and NYE alone.

But you don't have to. There are many charities that organise free Christmas dinner and NYE dinners for the lonely. There might be one in your área. Worth checking it out.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... es-8345114

Irony wasted !

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register