Fishing Partner

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Edan

Fishing Partner

Postby Edan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:58 am

Hello
I am looking for a fishing partner or group. Lima

Howie456

Re: Fishing Partner

Postby Howie456 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Good idea! I would be keen on that. I've done a fair share of trout fishing here up in the mountains in Lima with decent success but i won't be going back out there until at least April for that.
Do you have much experience with saltwater fishing? I have some gear but not much idea. If a small group of us went out from a place like Pucasana i think that'd be a good time, from what people tell me its meant to be spot on down there and cheap, plenty of boats and local skippers to choose from! I've been meaning to try it for a while but unfortunately laziness has got the better of me to date!
Edan

Postby Edan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:45 pm

Hello
Thanks for your reply. Small boat and bait and saltwater fishing should be straight forward. It's not even close to the difficult trout fishing. I never fish in Peru or anywhere in South America but I have experience in fresh and saltwater fishing in USA North of New York city. We have to find out what locals are using for bait and if we can use only spinners. it is easier. Do you have an extra gear, anything will do? I didn't bring with me.

When do you plan to go?
Regards

Howie456 wrote:Good idea! I would be keen on that. I've done a fair share of trout fishing here up in the mountains in Lima with decent success but i won't be going back out there until at least April for that.
Do you have much experience with saltwater fishing? I have some gear but not much idea. If a small group of us went out from a place like Pucasana i think that'd be a good time, from what people tell me its meant to be spot on down there and cheap, plenty of boats and local skippers to choose from! I've been meaning to try it for a while but unfortunately laziness has got the better of me to date!
Howie456

Postby Howie456 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Great! Yeah i imagined it shouldn't be too difficult if we're using a boat with a local who knows the general area well, either way it'll be good fun. I should have enough gear to put together a couple of set up's no problem but i will have a proper look when i get back to Lima in a few days, i'll make sure let you know.
I think the end of the month would work well for me, if you want to meet up and discuss it beforehand over a drink that would be ideal, anyone else who is interested would be welcome too of course. The more the merrier!
street legal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby street legal » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:54 pm

This is a good forum for fishing.
They discuss all topics pole size, choice of bait, going deep etc.
Peru has been discussed there, too.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:14 am

street legal wrote:This is a good forum for fishing.

Thanks for the link, sounds interesting. Do they Mention much about places like Pucasana or any other suitable locations in and around Lima?
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:25 am

panman wrote:
street legal wrote:This is a good forum for fishing.

Thanks for the link, sounds interesting. Do they Mention much about places like Pucasana or any other suitable locations in and around Lima?

I see what you did there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:17 pm

Edan wrote:Hello

I'm interested as well if you guys want to put something together. I have fished bass in lakes in Florida and various species off the Gulf of Mexico, and have really wanted to get back into it since moving to Lima.

I saw a fishing store in Barranco but didn't buy anything, has anyone here checked it out?
Edan

Postby Edan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Dave wrote:

I'm interested as well if you guys want to put something together. I have fished bass in lakes in Florida and various species off the Gulf of Mexico, and have really wanted to get back into it since moving to Lima.

I saw a fishing store in Barranco but didn't buy anything, has anyone here checked it out?

I am going fishing tomorrow in Piata Piura area I'll let you know how it went.
Edan

Postby Edan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:31 am

Edan wrote:
Dave wrote:

I am going fishing tomorrow in Piata Piura area I'll let you know how it went.

The fishing trip was surreal
The boat was from the 1950-s with broken exhaust pipe blowing smoke around us when was working not to mention the noise. On the boat there was a big bamboo raft not leaving enough area for 4 people. We caught about 10 kg of fish different varieties from 5 to 10 AM. Besides the beautiful view, the dolphins and the sea lions around us it was not worth it. Fishing from the shore could have similar results.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register