Peru not listed?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Followthesun

Peru not listed?

Postby Followthesun » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:18 am

In several web sites that rate the best countries to retire to, Peru is not in the top 20-25.
I enjoy the info in International Living also Live and Invest Overseas, they cater to upper class expats.
The countries in the top 3 were - Columbia, Ecuador and Panama.
What is causing Peru not to be rated a top country using the various catagories?
I am no expert, but feel property prices are certainly a factor. Any ideas?

Thanks
PS - if the rating was just based on food, Peru would be the absolute #1 country

Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peru not listed?

Postby Guiri » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:41 am

Followthesun wrote:What is causing Peru not to be rated a top country using the various catagories?

They dont want retiries over here , maybe?? :lol:
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:56 pm

Everybody knows those rags are just designed to fleece money off ignorant people through their "tours" and commissions on property sales. I retired to Peru 11 years ago when you could make a compelling argument for it. The closest thing we have to Cuenca,Medellin and David would be Arequipa but most people do not want to live near a polluted river and an active volcano unless it is in Hawaii!
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:08 pm

Alpineprince wrote:Everybody knows those rags are just designed to fleece money off ignorant people through their "tours" and commissions on property sales. I retired to Peru 11 years ago when you could make a compelling argument for it. The closest thing we have to Cuenca,Medellin and David would be Arequipa but most people do not want to live near a polluted river and an active volcano unless it is in Hawaii!

But, honestly, having lived here for 11 years and, I suppose, being able to compare the Peru you knew when you just moved here with the country you're living in now (which is quite a different Peru, IMHO), don't you think it deserves the rating the OP mentioned in his post?

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register