Favorite delivery pizzza?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Followthesun

Favorite delivery pizzza?

Postby Followthesun » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:37 am

I still feel I am missing something with delivery pizza.
The product is OK, but there must be better choices available.
Share your opinions to help out with this urgent situation!!!

Thanks
PS - Telepizza promotes 2 X 1, but the cost of the 1 pizza is more than double what 1 pizza from another vender costs. Am I missing something here?

charliebee

Re: Favorite delivery pizzza?

Postby charliebee » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:43 am

Followthesun wrote:I still feel I am missing something with delivery pizza.

Thanks
PS - Telepizza promotes 2 X 1, but the cost of the 1 pizza is more than double what 1 pizza from another vender costs. Am I missing something here?

I agree. It's average or below average at best.
As an aside, how big a tip do you give the delivery person?
I never know what is the correct amount and don't want to come off as a cheapskate.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:16 pm

i like pizza hut, but that's just my opinion.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:42 pm

The pizzas from those chain restaurants are all bad.

The pizza base is like cardboard and the cheese is like plastic.

And by the time they deliver them to your home, they are almost cold and soggy.

I prepare my own pizzas. Pizzas are some of the easiest things to make.

You just need yeast, flour, salt, wáter and eggs.
You can buy good Gruyere cheese at Makro.

Those chain restaurants also charge extortionate prices for their pizzas although pizza's are some of the cheapest things to prepare.

The only place I know in Peru where they can prepare a good pizza is Café Del Mundo in Jr. Alegria de Morey in Tarapoto. And they pizzas are ''democratically priced'' :) The place is run by Nicole Felice. He's Italian.
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:12 pm

chi chi wrote:Pizzas are some of the easiest things to make.

You just need yeast, flour, salt, wáter and eggs.

Eggs?? what do you need eggs for?? Are you Vitamin B12 insufficient :twisted: You will need a bit good olive oil though.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Followthesun wrote:I still feel I am missing something with delivery pizza.

Thanks

I think what you may be missing is basic marketing in regards to pricing. I buy a lot of soy milk and it's usually S/. 2 per container. The other day the price was S/. 3 but they had a 3x2 offer, which gets people to buy 3 containers instead of just one while also feeling like they're getting a deal - even if they're paying the same price per unit in the end. The numbers I used were rounded. In actuality Tottus was charging slightly more per container with their offer, but people tend to focus on the 3x2. I'm sure I fall victim to their marketing as well with items I don't buy frequently, but I happen to buy a lot of soy milk and know the usual price. It's probably the same with your Telepizza where one pizza is more than double the price of other pizzerias but you're getting the 2x1 "deal."

Without knowing what specific part of Lima you live in it's tough to give recommendations for anything but the well known chains with whom you're probably already familiar. I myself prefer the smaller, mom & pop joints to the chains but they tend to be neighborhood specific with limited delivery radiuses.

Try this: Go to Google. Enter 'Lima Peru Pizza Delivery.' There will be a map. Click on the map and zoom into your district. Try Tripadvisor as well, as they also have the information you're looking for under 'Restaurants > Pizza.' Good luck and let us know if you find anything good that might not be commonly known.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register