Cercado de Lima Real Estate

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cercado de Lima Real Estate

Postby tupacperu » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:45 pm

Trying to get my head around why real Estate is much less expensive in Cercado de Lima than in Places like Callao and Los Olivos? anyone have insight on why. CErcado de Lima has some beautiful architecture (rehab homes), even the new apts cost a lot less. cercado de Lima also has tourist attractions, museums, cathedrals, palace and parks. It reminds me of east coast city living. I am aware ofBarrios Altos and La Victoria, but Cercado de Lima has some nice neighborhoods also. Any insight is appreciated.

tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cercado de Lima Real Estate

Postby tupacperu » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:04 am

some crime stats: Cercado De Lima
Thus, this jurisdiction that year ranked fourth among districts with more crimes. The first was San Juan de Lurigancho, 11.491, followed by Ate with 7.938, and Los Olivos, where there were 7.728 reports.

The Commissioners of Alfonso Ugarte, San Andrés, Monserrate and Cotabambas, Cercado de Lima, agree point out that theft is the main problem of the district and that its most dangerous area is the first block of Av. Abancay, at the junction with the jiron Amazonas.

Other critical points in this district where committed robberies in the path are the tatters Cárcamo, Pacasmayo and Angaraes, who joined the crosses of the shred Puno Lucanas and Huanuco. In total, are 13 areas where crime is concentrated in fencing.

Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Horns, awful traffic, noise, pollution, crime, massive overpopulation... to name a few. However, you do have some nice things; the plaza de armas, museums, much cheaper goods, printing shops, Gamarra, etc etc... but would you go out at night further than a few blocks from the Plazas? Would your home be safe if you weren't in? I wouldn't be so sure.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:27 pm

I remember sitting in a traffic jam six years ago, when four men and trolley jack appeared from nowhere, jacked a car up and took all four wheels while the car was in a traffic jam. The driver just sat there in horror and nobody did a thing to help. I was about three cars back and my wife went ballistic, when I attempted to assist.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register