embarazo

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
mnidperu
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 pm

embarazo

Postby mnidperu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:01 am

Hi everyone

im new to this forum...i didnt see anywhere that required me to introduce myself...but if i overlooked it please tell me where to go.......I met this cute peruvian and we have a relationship....we are looking to marry down the road.....i know all about citizenship through marriage....thats not my ?....my ? is ...if she is pregnant with my child...how soon and what are the steps towards staying in the country permantly?


Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: "Miraflores State of Mind"

Re: embarazo

Postby Alpineprince » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 am

You will need to get married, if you wish to stay in the country permanently, unless you already have residency thru some other means.
mnidperu
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby mnidperu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:12 am

ok...wow....so no anchor baby laws here....would anyone care to list any South American countries that do?
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 am
Location: Sol de La Molina, Lima

Re: embarazo

Postby Danny55 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:22 am

mnidperu wrote:ok...wow....so no anchor baby laws here....would anyone care to list any South American countries that do?


Colombia. If you have a child with a Colombian you are eligible for residency. This is a smart move as it makes it easier for the non-Colombian to stay in country and ultimately support the child.

As Alpineprince states - you will need to get married to get your residency here - unless you can do it by employment (not an easy task) or by setting up a business with a $30K investment (also not as simple as it should be - Chile at least knows how to attract people this way).
mnidperu
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby mnidperu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:52 am

My problem with marriage is I would have to go back to the USA to change my name on my passport...you see my name on my birth certificate is in spanish......well growing up I got use to the same name ....but the english version....so my passport is in the english version ...so im looking up all options .... plus how to change my name on my passport without having to go to the USA...the government here says its 2 different people and will not allow it to go through....

Im leaving in 2 week to chile to get another 6 months in peru....how much money does chile ask to start a business there?
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby mammamia » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:26 pm

User avatar
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: Granada, Andalusia

Re: embarazo

Postby chi chi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:11 pm

mnidperu wrote:ok...wow....so no anchor baby laws here....would anyone care to list any South American countries that do?


Go to Belgium. They have the best wellfare system in the world. Especially foreigners.
If you have a baby there then you can't be kicked out. You get free housing. generous wellfare benefits and childcare benefits. If you are on unemployment benefit then you are also entitled to 5 weeks paid vacation.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: embarazo

Postby ironchefchris » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:56 pm

chi chi wrote:If you are on unemployment benefit then you are also entitled to 5 weeks paid vacation.

I'm confused. If someone is on unemployment benefits, why do they need vacation? Isn't vacation something you take to relax from working? Looking for work can be work in and of itself, but in the US when collecting unemployment benefits one has an obligation to look for work every week they collect. They don't allow time off from your job search to take a vacation. I don't know how it works or if there's the same obligation in Belgium. If it's the same as far as having an obligation to look for work, does vacation from unemployment mean that for 5 weeks you don't have to look for work? If so, the unemployed have it much better in Belgium than in the US.

The OP stated being from the US and his girlfriend is Peruvian (and that he's looking for a country in South America). Since neither are EU citizens, are they eligible to go to Belgium and take advantage of the system there?
mnidperu
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby mnidperu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:04 pm

Let me clarify some confusion here

I dont need to work...i have money....and im only interested in south america....I blend in well and i speak espanol....so things are great....just looking to learn more on easy citizenships....and im sure alot of other people would like to know the ins and outs
User avatar
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:10 pm
Contact:

Re: embarazo

Postby Alan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:03 pm

You might want to check out the migratory agreements between members of the Andean Community (Peru, Columbia, Bolivia, Ecuador). Citizens of these countries find it easy to workk legally in any of the other member states.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby mammamia » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 pm

Alan wrote:You might want to check out the migratory agreements between members of the Andean Community (Peru, Columbia, Bolivia, Ecuador). Citizens of these countries find it easy to workk legally in any of the other member states.

The problem is the OP has to be married to a citizen of one of MERCOSUR countries which he is not. So, he won't be able to qualify as a dependent.
MarcoPE
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby MarcoPE » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Personally, I am a little confused.... do you have a girlfriend in Peru and love is guiding your way? or are you just looking for citizenship and a girl from any country in South America will do, as long as you can obtain citizenship? diabolical...

mnidperu wrote:and im only interested in south america....I blend in well and i speak espanol....so things are great....just looking to learn more on easy citizenships....and im sure alot of other people would like to know the ins and outs
mnidperu
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby mnidperu » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:57 am

I have a girl friend here in peru ..that i love...but at the same time.....i cannot live as a tourist forever....so i ask the ? not just for me....but for all others who may wish to know...and as for obtaining a citizenship diabolical....if possisble yes...lol ...you see we live in a programed world....governments suppress...put out unnecessary laws...secret sociality ...NWO agenda.....people who are well off see nothing wrong or dont complain much ...why cause if its not broke dont fix it.....it took me many years ago working in the right job (government) to wake up ..(once i was blind ..but know I see)...everyone will wake up sooner or later...to find out one has to do whatever it takes to get ahead in this world....and if the people dont help the people who will....
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: "Miraflores State of Mind"

Re: embarazo

Postby Alpineprince » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 am

Tin foil hat alert!!!! :shock:
mnidperu
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby mnidperu » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:55 am

you must be one of them citizens on patrol ....that they use to break laws and target people secretly....you know how i know this....i was a law enforcemnet officer for many years...did it all at the highest levels....but ilove to blow peoples minds with the truth....you blind people ever look at the dollar bill in the back....no one know this.....you cant find it on youtube.....this is a first right here for the blind....there is a grim reaper next to the pyramid .you will need to magnif it to see it..and 4 alien close to the corners next to the number one...that you can see...without enlargeing it......I can tell you the stories as to why they are there.....and if you see it and still dont believe...well i know you work for them...cause we trained you ....to deny ...deny...deny....discredit....but there to many of us and the numbers are growing....those who would like to know more i will be happy to tell you ..and show you straight from the sources... like 3 star generals...fbi and cia agents.....many military and law enforcment....and if you still dont believe ....you sold out to get that pay check....cause the future is ...if you dont join....you dont work... enslavement is here
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby panman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:02 pm

COME BACK Philip, all is forgiven.
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: embarazo

Postby Sergio Bernales » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:53 pm

mammamia wrote:
Alan wrote:You might want to check out the migratory agreements between members of the Andean Community (Peru, Columbia, Bolivia, Ecuador). Citizens of these countries find it easy to workk legally in any of the other member states.

The problem is the OP has to be married to a citizen of one of MERCOSUR countries which he is not. So, he won't be able to qualify as a dependent.


Just to be pedantic, none of these countries are in Mercosur, although they are associates. They're part of Comunidad Andina.
User avatar
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: Granada, Andalusia

Re: embarazo

Postby chi chi » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:39 pm

ironchefchris wrote:
chi chi wrote:If you are on unemployment benefit then you are also entitled to 5 weeks paid vacation.

I'm confused. If someone is on unemployment benefits, why do they need vacation? Isn't vacation something you take to relax from working? Looking for work can be work in and of itself, but in the US when collecting unemployment benefits one has an obligation to look for work every week they collect. They don't allow time off from your job search to take a vacation. I don't know how it works or if there's the same obligation in Belgium. If it's the same as far as having an obligation to look for work, does vacation from unemployment mean that for 5 weeks you don't have to look for work? If so, the unemployed have it much better in Belgium than in the US.


Many people living on wellfare benefits aren't from Belgium so every year they want to visit their family back home and Belgians that are unemployed want to take a vacation. Looking for a job is a full time occupation so the unemployed are entitled to a rest as well. If they are too tired they can't look for a job either.
User avatar
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Sol De La Molina

Re: embarazo

Postby adrian Thorne » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:00 am

To avoid removal of posts can we please stay on topic. The OP has requested information specifically about "South America"
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: embarazo

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:59 am

chi chi wrote:
ironchefchris wrote:
chi chi wrote:If you are on unemployment benefit then you are also entitled to 5 weeks paid vacation.

I'm confused. If someone is on unemployment benefits, why do they need vacation? Isn't vacation something you take to relax from working? Looking for work can be work in and of itself, but in the US when collecting unemployment benefits one has an obligation to look for work every week they collect. They don't allow time off from your job search to take a vacation. I don't know how it works or if there's the same obligation in Belgium. If it's the same as far as having an obligation to look for work, does vacation from unemployment mean that for 5 weeks you don't have to look for work? If so, the unemployed have it much better in Belgium than in the US.

The OP stated being from the US and his girlfriend is Peruvian (and that he's looking for a country in South America). Since neither are EU citizens, are they eligible to go to Belgium and take advantage of the system there?


Many people living on wellfare benefits aren't from Belgium so every year they want to visit their family back home and Belgians that are unemployed want to take a vacation. Looking for a job is a full time occupation so the unemployed are entitled to a rest as well. If they are too tired they can't look for a job either.

Thanks for the response, though in hindsight I don’t even know why I asked as I can’t be sure of the accuracy of any response.

I notice it wasn’t answered whether a US citizen and a Peruvian would be eligible to take advantage of Belgium’s unemployment benefits since neither of them are EU citizens, but I’d be just as unsure of the accuracy of any answer and as has been mentioned, the OP has asked for information specifically about S. America.
gringuano
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:35 am

Re: embarazo

Postby gringuano » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:16 am

I had a similar issue with the name on my BC and the name on my PP. It was a 6 month battle at the municipality. The US Embassy finally typed out a special document for me that said I was indeed the same person listed on both documents. At that point the municipality still wanted nothing to do with me. I ended having to go to Callao to get married.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register