King Crab Legs

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
crazytacoperu.com
Gold Member
Gold Member

King Crab Legs

Postby crazytacoperu.com » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:20 am

Last week a buddy came from the USA and brought me 1lb of King Crabs legs purchased on Amazon. My girlfriend LOVED them (she is Peruvian), because Peruvians don't actually eat those tiny crabs they serve in parihuela. I look like an idiot trying to get a sliver of crab meat out of those tiny legs.

Does anybody know a restaurant in Lima where you can get King Crab Legs? I could settle for snowcrab or lobster, but there is nothing that compares to King Crab.

..A Peruvian once asked me:what's the difference between special and abnormal?.....well my answer was : Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus..
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: King Crab Legs

Postby panman » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:45 am

I had a very nice lobster thermidor, with a bottle of Champagne to wash it down, at the Sheraton downtown, but it did cost a King Crab's arm and a leg. :D
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: King Crab Legs

Postby calygirl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:08 am

I see that Carnal Steakhouse on Elias Aguirre in Miraflores has King Crab on their menu. Not sure how they prepare it, possibly steamed, which I prefer. You might give them a call to ask about it. Good Luck! Let us know about your search.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register