Missing threads and replies

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Missing threads and replies

Postby Alan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:08 am

Hi all,

We are on the verge of releasing an updated version of the webpage and the forum (two separate systems). The new version will be responsive so it will size to your smartphone. The programmer told me that he was shuffling the data bases around so this was most likely the cause of anything that has gone missing. I really apologize for this. Problem is the size of this forum is absolutely huge - we have over 100,000 posts - and he tells me this makes the job a little bulky to manage.

Please respost anything that you see is missing, and again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Alan

captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Missing threads and replies

Postby captcosmic » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:14 am

Thanks for the word Alan. I am sure you are working hard, and doing a hell of a job by the way!
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:23 am

Thanks for the heads up. I saw my post -- and the original thread -- deleted a couple days ago.

100,000 rows in a database table is nothing though, and the size shouldn't matter anyway if he knows what he is doing...
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:29 pm

Alan, I suggest that you have your developer take down the forum in the least busy time, put up a small Maintenance message, do the migration, and then put it back up. Otherwise you end up losing posts/etc and causing havoc.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register