Peru's "Chapa tu Choro" on the front page of UK's Daily Mail

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
KenBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peru's "Chapa tu Choro" on the front page of UK's Daily Mail

Postby KenBE » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:37 pm

This is obviously not the way to solve Peru's crime problem and some of the punishments are pretty brutal, but I can understand why the people do it. They are tired of being victims and unfortunately the police isn't very effective in most of Peru so they see no other way. And let's not forget that many of these choros are extremely brutal themselves, often towards women or older people.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:39 am

I believe this is a down hill run which will, if not already, spiral out of control. Especially when the criminals themselves use it to their advantage and certain members of the government further their career on the back of it.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:46 pm

Long Life to "Mata a tu Choro"

Or...

"Chapa a tu Choro"
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:25 pm

It's like with all things here going from one extreme to the other...of course it's understandable, but the only way to get out of this situation is education and legal employment
jimuazu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jimuazu » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:58 am

adrian Thorne wrote:I believe this is a down hill run which will, if not already, spiral out of control.

It has been this way for a long long time in very many areas outside of the cities. This campaign started in Huancayo, in the city, where there is at least some illusion that the police might do something. But outside the cities there is no such illusion, and the locals have always taken matters into their own hands. (This from the stories my wife has told me, and various personal experiences.)

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register