Is it almost always slightly cloudy in Trujillo ?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
draikin1

Is it almost always slightly cloudy in Trujillo ?

Postby draikin1 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:09 am

Hi, every times I check the forecast for Trujillo it's half cloudy for the whole week. I knew Lima was like that. Is Trujillo too?

Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Is it almost always slightly cloudy in Trujillo ?

Postby Sergio Bernales » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:45 am

The weather is probably cloudier than usual because of the el niño weather phenomenon, which will probably last into late next year, although you could find it getting hotter and more humid in January.

Traditionally Trujillo was sunnier than Lima, but everyone I know up there these days says that in the last few years it has not been much better than Lima, especially in terms of grey cloudy days. I always found heading a little further north to Piura and Mancora the weather got much sunnier even in the middle of August, when Lima is just a grey and drizzly. But if you are in Trujillo for the next year or so, things should get better.
draikin1

Postby draikin1 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:00 am

Cool thanks a lot for the details Sergio! (that's one reason why I don't want to live in Lima, I live in the UK so if I go to a tropical country it's not for getting the same grey all the time once there)
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:48 am

Well, it rained in Lima last night, so my hopes aren't high for this summer. I'm expecting humid and cloudy. Maybe Trujillo will have better luck.
KenBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby KenBE » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Cloudy weather is usually not that common in Trujillo, especially not during the summer. During this time of year it is usually hot and dry there. It rarely rains. You are probably just having bad luck with the weather (maybe due to El Niño like Sergio said). (I lived in Trujillo for 4 years).

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register