Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but some rules apply.

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am

Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

Postby mrsteak » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Brrrr.... just right now killed one in my home!!! :x :x :x They are here in quantities since 3 weeks or so.

And we live in the "exclusive zone of Lima" LOL.... it wasn't like that last year! Cockroaches outbreak?!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

The authorities should really fumigate this freaking city! But as usual they do nothing.


Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:12 am

mrsteak wrote:Brrrr.... just right now killed one in my home!!! :x :x :x They are here in quantities since 3 weeks or so.

And we live in the "exclusive zone of Lima" LOL.... it wasn't like that last year! Cockroaches outbreak?!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

The authorities should really fumigate this freaking city! But as usual they do nothing.


The worse ones are the two legged variety.
toughrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

Postby toughrider » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm

In November, I was in Da Nang in Vietnam.

Over there, cockroaches are a delicatesse.

They roast them and put them on skewers. They sold well.
User avatar
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Sol De La Molina

Re: Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

Postby adrian Thorne » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 pm

We have them coming in from our garden. Fumigation twice a year keeps them at bay, but you will still get the odd one. Never kill or damage a cockroach in your home. They will release spores and in no time you will have an infestation of the little blighters. Try to capture and then release. Preferably from the top of a twenty story block of flats.
toughrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

Postby toughrider » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:50 am

adrian Thorne wrote:We have them coming in from our garden. Fumigation twice a year keeps them at bay, but you will still get the odd one. Never kill or damage a cockroach in your home. They will release spores and in no time you will have an infestation of the little blighters.


And never step on them. Their eggs will get stuck on the bottom of your shoes and you spread them all over your home.

I never wear shoes in my home. I leave them outside in a closed shoe rack. If you walk on the street all kind of dirt get stuck to the bottom of your shoes. Including dog poo, fleas, human spit, vomit, urine,... You can say that you walk around it but dried up human spit, urine and fleas aren't visible.


adrian Thorne wrote: Try to capture and then release. Preferably from the top of a twenty story block of flats.


Adrian, in the UK, the RSPCA will get you prosecuted for 'animal cruelty'. :lol:
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am

Re: Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

Postby mrsteak » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:29 pm

toughrider wrote:And never step on them. Their eggs will get stuck on the bottom of your shoes and you spread them all over your home.


I fight them with a flame thrower
User avatar
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Sol De La Molina

Re: Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

Postby adrian Thorne » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:05 pm

mrsteak wrote:
toughrider wrote:And never step on them. Their eggs will get stuck on the bottom of your shoes and you spread them all over your home.


I fight them with a flame thrower


Good idea. Fry the blighters and claim the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am

Re: Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

Postby mrsteak » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 am

I have an idea.... I could cook the cockroaches and then blend them with french cheese and avocado, should give nice dip sauce for tequenos :mrgreen:

Do you think you would taste cockroaches in tequenos sauce?
toughrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Surco is full of cockroaches :evil:

Postby toughrider » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:40 pm

mrsteak wrote:I have an idea.... I could cook the cockroaches and then blend them with french cheese and avocado, should give nice dip sauce for tequenos :mrgreen:

Do you think you would taste cockroaches in tequenos sauce?



Mr Steak, you should open a restaurant in Vietnam. You will quickly get awarded with 3 Michelin stars.


The Chifas always included Wan Tan soup in their daily lunch menus. In the Wan Tan soup, there's always some pasta floating around stuffed with something brown coloured. I always wondered what it was.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register