salary of the president of Peru

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but some rules apply.

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
toughrider
Gold Member
Gold Member

salary of the president of Peru

Postby toughrider » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:40 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-peru ... SKCN12L2JO

My gf showed me the above article.

She recently started working as a flight attendant for an airline here in Switzerland and makes more money than that.

Still she thinks that this president earns too much. He was an investment banker and the bankers are responsible for the poverty in Peru.

They exploit their customers and their staff.

Her sister works for a bank at the ''Counter''. She attended a 3 years training course at Cepeban which she had to fund herself with working 2 jobs. She now makes a meaner 800 soles a month after tax. And recently a customer paid in a fake 200 euro note. They deducted it from her wage.

SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: salary of the president of Peru

Postby SilverbackPeru » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:49 pm

I have to admit I'm shocked at that but i highly doubt it's the true figure! If it is correct then I'm not too far off that wage per month and I'm delivering pizzas! :shock:
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:26 pm

They forgot the $ 7 million of bribes he got from Odebrecht.... :P
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:30 pm

toughrider wrote:Her sister works for a bank at the ''Counter''. She attended a 3 years training course at Cepeban which she had to fund herself with working 2 jobs. She now makes a meaner 800 soles a month after tax. And recently a customer paid in a fake 200 euro note. They deducted it from her wage.

that's what the people ruling this country (so called elites) want! 1% rich and 99% in poverty yeah. Cheap labor force to be exploited and make the rich even richer - and you cannot escape that when you are poor as you must work to eat! Cheap stuff for the upper class. Cheap restaurants, cheap taxis, cheap prostitutes.... that's the spirit of Peru.
toughrider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby toughrider » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:48 am

mrsteak wrote:that's what the people ruling this country (so called elites) want! 1% rich and 99% in poverty yeah. Cheap labor force to be exploited and make the rich even richer - and you cannot escape that when you are poor as you must work to eat! Cheap stuff for the upper class. Cheap restaurants, cheap taxis, cheap prostitutes.... that's the spirit of Peru.

Europe is heading into that direction as well. And the US is almost there thanks to Trumpy.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register