Is there anyone interested in cosplay?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but some rules apply.

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Elina5796

Is there anyone interested in cosplay?

Postby Elina5796 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:26 pm

I began to cosplay around five years ago.I am very interested in marvel's film ,such as Spider man and Joker. Luck for me, I meet some friends who have the same idea with me.It is a great fun to make costumes together and share experience. Sometimes,even host parties in our neighborhood. Although to find a costume and work on the make up all sound complex and hard to be understood by some people, I am still very glad that I could enjoy it.

Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Is there anyone interested in cosplay?

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:59 am

So what do you do at the parties?
Role playing? Knock back a few cold ones?
Elina5796

Postby Elina5796 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:So what do you do at the parties?

Yes,it is definitely role play.Some people would look like the character they cosplay by the costumes they wear, makeup and tools they bring.It is possible to see many things at Cosplay convention,also to share some stories and experience about cosplay.Such as some tips and advice.
What is your attitude about cosplay?
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:16 am

Elina5796 wrote:I began to cosplay around five years ago.I am very interested in marvel's film ,such as Spider man and Joker. Luck for me, I meet some friends who have the same idea with me.It is a great fun to make costumes together and share experience. Sometimes,even host parties in our neighborhood. Although to find a costume and work on the make up all sound complex and hard to be understood by some people, I am still very glad that I could enjoy it.

I'm not into it myself, but in my experience you cosplayers are a fun bunch. I imagine you may have some luck finding fellow cosplayers if you show up at one of the occasional comic book festivals in Lima.
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Elina5796 wrote:

Yes,it is definitely role play.Some people would look like the character they cosplay by the costumes they wear, makeup and tools they bring.It is possible to see many things at Cosplay convention,also to share some stories and experience about cosplay.Such as some tips and advice.

Totally into it.
I've donned the spidey tights and climbed skyscrapers before the local authorities put me under arrest for trespassing.
You might say I took cosplay to new heights (pardon the pun).
Elina5796

Postby Elina5796 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:52 am

gringolandia wrote:
Elina5796 wrote:I began to cosplay around five years ago.I am very interested in marvel's film ,such as Spider man and Joker. Luck for me, I meet some friends who have the same idea with me.It is a great fun to make costumes together and share experience. Sometimes,even host parties in our neighborhood. Although to find a costume and work on the make up all sound complex and hard to be understood by some people, I am still very glad that I could enjoy it.

I'm not into it myself, but in my experience you cosplayers are a fun bunch. I imagine you may have some luck finding fellow cosplayers if you show up at one of the occasional comic book festivals in Lima.

Yes,I hope so,and cosplay is an activity which brings you more fun by enjoying with your friends.
But here I want to find somewhere to buy it,as I now have no time to make it myself.
Elina5796

Postby Elina5796 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:55 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Elina5796 wrote:

Totally into it.
I've donned the spidey tights and climbed skyscrapers before the local authorities put me under arrest for trespassing.
You might say I took cosplay to new heights (pardon the pun).

ahah,It is a good idea to bring cosplay to others.Are you interested at Marvel's heroes or the anime costumes?

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register