Fishing in Tingo Maria

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Slippery Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fishing in Tingo Maria

Postby Slippery Jack » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:47 am

I'm going to be visiting Tingo Maria in a couple of months and thought about having a go at fishing in the river there. Does anyone know if there are any fish in it, and if so, what they might be? And as I'm a complete novice, what type of bait, spinners etc should I use? I was going to avoid using a hammer, or a hand grenade this time due to the misunderstandings last time. Thanks in advance.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Fishing in Tingo Maria

Postby bigdaddy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:37 pm

Slippery Jack wrote:I'm going to be visiting Tingo Maria in a couple of months and thought about having a go at fishing in the river there. Does anyone know if there are any fish in it, and if so, what they might be? And as I'm a complete novice, what type of bait, spinners etc should I use? I was going to avoid using a hammer, or a hand grenade this time due to the misunderstandings last time. Thanks in advance.

Got a rod & reel? Cast net?
If you're a novice, better try fishing at Metro or Tottus.
Large and in charge!

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register