Problems with UPS mail from US?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Problems with UPS mail from US?

Postby woodchuck » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:35 pm

I am having quite a problem with UPS.
My bank sent me a new card as the former expired; I have been waiting 21 days to receive same.
Several years ago the new card was sent DHL & I received it in 5 days.
I have been notified my card is in the Lima processing center.
Why such a hassle to deliver to Huaral?
Thanks.

Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Problems with UPS mail from US?

Postby Wiracocha » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 pm

G'day Woody,

Nothing new there,mate. Serpost should be named Snailpost!! I have had stuff arrive from USA to Serpost's system in 10-12 days...BUT, then it sits in their system for another 3-4 weeks.

Buggered if I know what they do for all that time with normal letters & parcels. The only time that Serpost delivers quickly is when the letter/parcel is Priority ,EMS or Express.

In your case, it may depend on how the bank posted it...Priority,Registered or Express or DHL ??

Also worthy to comment...I was told ages ago never to have a bank card posted in the normal mail....as some people here check mail for cards and nick them. Hope not in your case.

Cheers,
W
Retired Aussie in Lima
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:09 am

Wiracocha wrote:G'day Woody,

Nothing new there,mate. Serpost should be named Snailpost!! I have had stuff arrive from USA to Serpost's system in 10-12 days...BUT, then it sits in their system for another 3-4 weeks.

Buggered if I know what they do for all that time with normal letters & parcels. The only time that Serpost delivers quickly is when the letter/parcel is Priority ,EMS or Express.

In your case, it may depend on how the bank posted it...Priority,Registered or Express or DHL ??

Also worthy to comment...I was told ages ago never to have a bank card posted in the normal mail....as some people here check mail for cards and nick them. Hope not in your case.

Cheers,
W
Retired Aussie in Lima

I have never had a bank card or anything "nicked". In fact ,if you look over past posts , you will see DHL and UPS are very unreliable ,stick with good ol' USPS and you will be fine.
Cheers
g 'day
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:46 pm

@Beep Beep,
I was talking about Serpost...NOT USPS.
USPS gets things to here in 8-10 days...then it spends forever in the Serpost system...that was my point.
It can be in the Serpost system that cards can/may disappear....sticky fingers and all that....not in the USPS side of things.
May I quote something to you..."when in doubt, read the instructions"....that is to say, before your comment on my comment, please read the content a bit more carefully. :-)

Enough said.

Cheers,
W
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:11 pm

Wiracocha wrote:@Beep Beep,
I was talking about Serpost...NOT USPS.
USPS gets things to here in 8-10 days...then it spends forever in the Serpost system...that was my point.
It can be in the Serpost system that cards can/may disappear....sticky fingers and all that....not in the USPS side of things.
May I quote something to you..."when in doubt, read the instructions"....that is to say, before your comment on my comment, please read the content a bit more carefully. :-)

Enough said.

Cheers,
W

Soooo........You know all you know all this dastardly thievery from first hand knowledge? Having read your comment "carefully" ,you claim to have simply have heard this ages ago ,maybe you should re read your previous comment.
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:14 pm

69roadrunner wrote:
Wiracocha wrote:G'day Woody,

Cheers,
W
Retired Aussie in Lima

I have never had a bank card or anything "nicked". In fact ,if you look over past posts , you will see DHL and UPS are very unreliable ,stick with good ol' USPS and you will be fine.
Cheers
g 'day

Yep, USPS is very reliable.
Not even a fence can stop a delivery...

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Pos ... 34022.html
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:49 pm

@Beep Beep,
Point taken...it was what I was told by my Peruvian in-laws.
No, I have never had a card sent, so haven't had one nicked....but, nonetheless, I would be cautious myself about that situation.
Cheers,
W
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:55 pm

As one of many examples of my experiences with receiving stuff from the USA (EBay) via USPS. Product arrived to Serpost on May 10(within 10 days of exiting USA very good!!)...BUT still not delivered by Serpost.

With most of my EBay purchases ,via USPS ,the product arrive into Peru within 10 days(very good)...but then a further 4-6 weeks for Serpost to deliver within Lima area.
NO fault of USPS...just Serpost....or as I call it...Snailpost.
Cheers,
W

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register