Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby woodchuck » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:03 pm

My wife & I thought we had the perfect situation - Paradise.
We purchased 2 cottages in Huaral; one to live in & one to rent.
Everything was fine until the owner sold the last of the 16 cottages with a private pool & bar-b-que area.
He now is forcing all the owners to take over the expense of maintaining the pool & other changes (in his favor) that were not part of the original sale.

He feels he can do this as he is a millionaire many times over.
He purchased the 2,500,000 M2 development 30 months ago from the Wong (supermarket family).
No doubt he can afford the best attorneys & make sizeable bribes to the judges.
How can we fight this BULLY? He has intimidated 13 of the other owners of the cottages, but not me.

Can we file a complaint of deceptive sales practices with INDECOPI or use some other national agency?
Are we going to be forced to accept these new terms that were not outlined when we purchased in 2008?
Please help; I LOATHE BULLIES!
Helpful comments please as I don't have time (or the mood) for nonsense replies.
Thanks.


69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby 69roadrunner » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:45 pm

woodchuck wrote:My wife & I thought we had the perfect situation - Paradise.
We purchased 2 cottages in Huaral; one to live in & one to rent.
Everything was fine until the owner sold the last of the 16 cottages with a private pool & bar-b-que area.
He now is forcing all the owners to take over the expense of maintaining the pool & other changes (in his favor) that were not part of the original sale.

He feels he can do this as he is a millionaire many times over.
He purchased the 2,500,000 M2 development 30 months ago from the Wong (supermarket family).
No doubt he can afford the best attorneys & make sizeable bribes to the judges.
How can we fight this BULLY? He has intimidated 13 of the other owners of the cottages, but not me.

Can we file a complaint of deceptive sales practices with INDECOPI or use some other national agency?
Are we going to be forced to accept these new terms that were not outlined when we purchased in 2008?
Please help; I LOATHE BULLIES!
Helpful comments please as I don't have time (or the mood) for nonsense replies.
Thanks.

Exactly what does your contract say in regards to maintenance? Let your contract be your guide.
User avatar
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:12 pm

It does not make any sense to me

Nobody can force you to pay for the maintenance of a pool that is not yours and you cannot have access

Something is missing in the description of this "case"
samthesham
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby samthesham » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:15 pm

Well, something is missing like the truth because you're saying the pool is private yet in another thread, you say it's shared..

"50 soles a month for maintenance for a casita & shared pool."

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30941
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby jumpinjack » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:46 am

What has he done to intimidate you and the 13 others? Seems to me 14 sales contracts, to show a judge, would carry a lot of weight in satisfying your situations. One more question. How do you know he can find a judge to bribe?
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby woodchuck » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:21 am

To answer your questions:

* I never said we don't have access to the pool.
* The pool is shared by the 16 owners of the cottages (we own 2 cottages)
* We have already been forced to pay for a new pump (not cheap) or not have use of the pool
* Intimidation can take many subtle forms (multi-millionaire vs. average folks, etc.)
* If you don't believe judges can be bribed, you have not lived in Peru very long. It happens every day!

No one has answered my question about INDECOPI investigating the - breach of contract.
Thanks for your help.
User avatar
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:38 am

It is common sense to pay your share of the cost for the new pump for the pool that you are already using or are going to use

Moral: "no hagas una tormenta en un vaso de agua"

I would like to know the english translation of the above phrase
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby Formidable 1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:48 am

windsportinperu wrote:It is common sense to pay your share of the cost for the new pump for the pool that you are already using or are going to use

Moral: "no hagas una tormenta en un vaso de agua"

I would like to know the english translation of the above phrase


"don't make a storm in a glass of water"
That one was easy, windy.
Got any harder ones?
User avatar
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:32 am

Thanks Formidable, Let try this another one:

"Las cuentas claras mantienen la amistad"
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby jumpinjack » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:43 am

woodchuck wrote:To answer your questions:

* I never said we don't have access to the pool.
* The pool is shared by the 16 owners of the cottages (we own 2 cottages)
* We have already been forced to pay for a new pump (not cheap) or not have use of the pool
* Intimidation can take many subtle forms (multi-millionaire vs. average folks, etc.)
* If you don't believe judges can be bribed, you have not lived in Peru very long. It happens every day!

No one has answered my question about INDECOPI investigating the - breach of contract.
Thanks for your help.

Just recently someone gave some sage advice.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31504&p=157843#p157834
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby Formidable 1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:47 am

windsportinperu wrote:Thanks Formidable, Let try this another one:

"Las cuentas claras mantienen la amistad"



No clue.
Maybe there's a YouTube video with Spanish/English translations.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: "Miraflores State of Mind"

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby Alpineprince » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:00 pm

In all "Condo's" I have owned here and in the USA, the builder subsidies the maintenance until the units are sold and then turns it over to the owners association. 15 years ago I was paying 50 sol's a month after it was turned over to the owners it went to 200 sol's a month, now it is 600 sol's a month. If something major happens the "cost" should be divided up based on percentage of the "common area" you own.
User avatar
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:42 am

Moral: Do not let our Paradise to be lost, for nothing

Peace of mind ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnygM27ELR4
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby woodchuck » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:22 pm

Great Song - thanks.
Enjoyed the VW vans; I had a 69 VW camper van that was painted with hippie colors & curtains.
samthesham
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby samthesham » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:40 pm

woodchuck wrote:Great Song - thanks.
Enjoyed the VW vans; I had a 69 VW camper van that was painted with hippie colors & curtains.


Yeah, and you hippies ruined America...
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a ... ed_america
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby jumpinjack » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:47 pm

woodchuck wrote:Great Song - thanks.
Enjoyed the VW vans; I had a 69 VW camper van that was painted with hippie colors & curtains.

Isn't this a bit off topic?
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Re: Paradise Lost - PISSED OFF!

Postby woodchuck » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:30 am

Yes, sorry.
I loved that VW camper van.
My son when he was in high school painted it in hippie colors.
His then gf made hippie-style curtains.
It would be worth a small fortune now if I had been able to keep it.
I was never a hippie nor ever will be.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

cron

Login  •  Register