UK Electrician seeking Expat life

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
greg.pearson

UK Electrician seeking Expat life

Postby greg.pearson » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi
I am a qualified Electrician in UK with previous experience working with carpenters/landscapers/stonemasons. Having spent time in Peru in 2012 i would love to come back and live for a while and friends in Peru have invited me over to stay. I have looked into 150 hr TEFL courses to maybe teach English. I am keeping an eye on the job boards but was wondering does anyone know expats working in Construction(especially electricians) and how easy it is to come across work? I am learning Spanish as we speak
Greg

windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: UK Electrician seeking Expat life

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:59 pm

Just an idea :idea:

Try to specialized in some specific areas in the Electricity Industry

You might investigate more about the last minute technologies that are required in Peru

Maybe contacting some British Companies and saying to them that you speak spanish and would like to take their technology to Peru and South AMerica in general

Maybe the industry of big electric turbines, I mean hydroelectric businesses that are still in their first steps in Peru
greg.pearson

Postby greg.pearson » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:11 pm

Thanks very much.

I am open to any sort of work whatsoever but that is a good idea
Donnie123

Postby Donnie123 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:20 pm

leave a phone number here you can teach English it has a high demand in Peru since the last law about university education, says that only will receive their diploma of bachiller if they know two language(English- Spanish or Spanish -quechua)

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register