Rotary Club Lima Sunrise - English speaking

Organizing an event? New in town and wanting to connect? Maybe looking new members for your team, group or band or a playgroup for your kid? Get social and post here!

Moderators: ExpatPeruMods, Alan

rodward33

Rotary Club Lima Sunrise - English speaking

Postby rodward33 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:57 pm

Rotary Club Lima Sunrise

Meetings Thursday mornings 7.30am to 8.30am at The Phoenix Club - Santa Luisa 205, San Isidro
Visitor and guest welcome.

Regards
Rod Ward
President
Rotary Club Lima Sunrise

dpovis

Re: Rotary Club Lima Sunrise - English speaking

Postby dpovis » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:57 pm

The following is the list of scheduled speakers for the upcoming meetings:

09/10/2014 Daniel Povis The Rotary Foundation Grants
16/10/2014 Jessica Rondinel Entrepeneurshhip
23/10/2014 Gustavo Kanashiro Business Ethics
30/10/2014 Pierrick Labe e-Commerce
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:34 am

I just wanted to add a personal experience here. I have visited this club 4 or 5 times as a guest and have learned a bit about them. The average meeting has about 15 to 20 members, mixed between expats and bilingual Peruvians. The meeting begins and ends on time, there is a nice breakfast, and the program always includes a speaker discussing different topics of interest. The social projects they are involved in include dental treatment to outlying areas, and a water filter project.

They are definitely worth a visit.

Alan
Solo Angel

Postby Solo Angel » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:56 am

Is it free?
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:21 pm

The cost of the breakfast is 35 soles.

Alan
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:40 am

Hi.. I am passing this on from the Lima Sunrise Rotary Club. This is an English speaking club that meets weekly. As an update, there will now be one evening meeting per month (the rest are in the morning).

Dear Friends of Rotary,

You are invited to join us at one of our weekly meetings. Meetings are scheduled as follows:

• Three morning meetings per month - first 3 x Thursdays of the month – from 7.30am to 8.30am at the Phoenix Club in San Isidro http://thephoenix-club.com/

• One evening meeting per month – last Thursday of the month – from 8.30pm to 9.30pm also at the Phoenix Club in San Isidro.

Meetings include discussions on the various community service projects we are currently doing and new projects that are coming through. (See attached Projects as at Feb 2015)
There is time for fellowship/networking and meetings are held in English with members from several countries attending. There is a S/35 cost for a yummy cooked breakfast/diner.
Meetings start and finish on time.

Guiding Principles of Rotary: please see the following link, this will assist persons who have heard of Rotary but unfamiliar with what Rotary is really about.
https://www.rotary.org/myrotary/en/lear ... principles

Rotary Club Lima Sunrise is not about members having to attend ever meeting, it is not a men’s only organization it’s about a group of like-minded persons coming together for fellowship and to assist those at the lower levels of the social pyramid, be it in a small or large way.

Please forward this email to other persons who may be interested also.

Your attendance at a meeting would be very welcome.

Yours in Rotary
Rod Ward
President
Rotary Club Lima Sunrise
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:44 am

Alan can you please confirm to start and finish times for the evening meeting as they are a little ambiguous? If a guest attends is there any formality such as dress code etc.?
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:29 pm

adrian Thorne wrote:Alan can you please confirm to start and finish times for the evening meeting as they are a little ambiguous? If a guest attends is there any formality such as dress code etc.?

Thanks, Adrian. I fixed the typo.

All meetings are one hour long and the format is very tight so no time is wasted. They begin on time, and end on time. Members often show up 10 or 15 minutes beforehand to socialize informally.

Dress is pretty casual, but you won´t feel out of place if you arrive in business formal.

There are usually 15 to 20 people at a meeting, which is divided into - roughly speaking - club protocol, club business, and a 15 to 20 minute presentation on a topic of general interest. The club business mostly has to do with the different community projects they support, such as medical and dental visits to outlying areas, and a big water filter project that takes low-cost, high-usage water filters to areas where drinking water is expensive and hard to get.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Fri May 15, 2015 5:01 pm

Congratulations to the Lima Sunrise Rotary Club on their 10th anniversary!

Here is a fun fact, this small club - with less than 20 members - is managing 12 different aid projects in Peru. If you have time, and are interested in making a positive impact in the lives of low-income people living in Peru, contact them to join a meeting.
Larry Secrest

Postby Larry Secrest » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:29 pm

I have been a Rotary member for 14 years in Seneca, SC. I am now living in La Molina working with South America Mission. I am working with a church in Barranco and host medical teams from the States. One of those medical teams, coming in September of next year, is headed by a Rotarian who will have several Rotarians on the team. They would like to visit a club during their time in Lima and I was thinking that they would be more at home in an English speaking club. The team leader, Dr. Gary Goforth, is interested in the possibility of working with a local club. He wrote, "I certainly can’t guarantee that District 7750 could be the international sponsor for a global grant, but would like to explore any ideas they have to work with us since I hope to come to Peru on an annual basis."

If you would be interested in this contact, please let me know. If not, would you be able to refer me to a club that might be.

Larry Secrest
993-682-999
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi Larry.. the Lima Sunrise club has merged with another Spanish speaking club, but I understand that there are still English speakers involved. Let me see if I can dig up some more info.
Larry Secrest

Postby Larry Secrest » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 am

I also heard from the Rotary Club sin Fronteras in San Borja. Thanks for your help.
Larry
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:25 pm

I sent you a PM. Good luck.

Return to “Meetups”

Login  •  Register