Transferring money to Peru

This is the place where administrators will move the most commonly asked questions.

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Transferring money to Peru

Postby woodchuck » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 pm

If anyone will be transferring money to a bank in Peru; you will need the SWIFT code:
Best wishes. :roll:

https://www.swiftcodes.info/peru/

woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transferring money to Peru

Postby woodchuck » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Alan or others...
It would be great to know what the various banks in Peru charge for a money transfer.
Some banks in Peru charge a % fee; which may not be the best option if a large amount is transfered. A standard fee (as with most US banks) would be a better choice.
I feel readers would find this info quite valuable.
Hoping someone can do the research as my Spanish is not that good.
Best wishes & thanks. :roll:
Wiracocha

Postby Wiracocha » Tue May 08, 2018 2:56 pm

We have a Scotiabank Peru account. Their deposit/transferr fee is miniscule.
Don't have my calculator in hand to calculate the percentage, so I will just say that they charged 5 US cents for a USD$10,000.00 wire transfer, via an exchange/transfer company in Australia(my ex-home country)....you may do the arithmetic, mi amigo! :-),
rudder
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby rudder » Sat May 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Wiracocha wrote:We have a Scotiabank Peru account. Their deposit/transferr fee is miniscule.
Don't have my calculator in hand to calculate the percentage, so I will just say that they charged 5 US cents for a USD$10,000.00 wire transfer, via an exchange/transfer company in Australia(my ex-home country)....you may do the arithmetic, mi amigo! :-),

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're planning to see what other banks offer. Not to pry too far into your personal affairs, but what transfer company are you talking about?

Are the international wire transfer rates the same at Scotiabank when someone wires from a foreign bank account to a Peruvian bank account?
Turn a desert into a sustainable food oasis:

http://cropsfordrylands.com/

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”

Login  •  Register