Touring by bike

If you have read an article on Expat Peru and have something to add that would help others, this is the place! We appreciate your help.
ExpatPeruMods
Gold Member
Gold Member

Touring by bike

Postby ExpatPeruMods » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Have you taken a bike tour recently? Your first hand experience will help us improve our article: "Bike Tours"

Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Touring by bike

Postby Lloyd007 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:43 pm

I took a trip to Arequipa and did a downhill between the volcanoes, not Misti because the road had collapsed, but nevertheless, it was an awesome experience. Being at that altitude between volcanoes is eerily quiet and the gusts of wind extremely crisp, so be sure to wrap up warm. There are a couple of companies that offer the downhill Misti routes, so shop around.
Attachments
misti.jpg
misti.jpg (420.8 KiB) Viewed 300 times
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:41 pm

You do not mention the climb and what that was like, now that is what really worth mentioning. Or did you get a ride to the top?
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:29 pm

jumpinjack wrote:You do not mention the climb and what that was like, now that is what really worth mentioning. Or did you get a ride to the top?

He mentions that it was a downhill. Pretty standard for these tours. You avoid the grunt, but get the views and the rush of the descent. I did something similar in Huaraz a few years a go. It was a blast.
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:15 pm

Alan wrote:
jumpinjack wrote:You do not mention the climb and what that was like, now that is what really worth mentioning. Or did you get a ride to the top?

He mentions that it was a downhill. Pretty standard for these tours. You avoid the grunt, but get the views and the rush of the descent. I did something similar in Huaraz a few years a go. It was a blast.

Ok, got it. I thought this was a topic about touring Peru (on a bike) and not coasting down some hill, silly me.

Return to “Our Articles : Your Suggestions / Updates (WIKI)”

Login  •  Register