Transfering Money to Peru.

If you have read an article on Expat Peru and have something to add that would help others, this is the place! We appreciate your help.
ExpatPeruMods
Gold Member
Gold Member

Transfering Money to Peru.

Postby ExpatPeruMods » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Are you looking for an efficient way to send money to Peru? look no further and take a look at our article "How to Transfer Money to Peru?"

ana.amezaga

Re: Transfering Money to Peru.

Postby ana.amezaga » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:42 am

So far the best way for me is a wells fargo express send. Other banks have this service

You register either a local bank account or a person that will receive the money, and once either is registered you can order on line from your us acct to the registered receiver. The money gets to peru in real time for as low as 5 dollars per transaction. There are daily and monthly limits, but the cost is always 5 dollars.

Interbank is the more flexible and with better conditions for limits, other banks are bbva and credito

Hope this info is useful

Saludos
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:47 am

Are there any options for transferring more than $1,000,000 USD to Peru?
I understand transferring "bank to bank" using a SWIFT code will work but:
1. Will this trigger the Peruvian government getting involved in your finances?
2. Will you be required to file yearly reports (& pay fees/taxes) to Peru?

This would be a one-time transaction regarding the liquidation of a real estate trust in the US.
I greatly value my privacy & don't want any excess government paperwork or costs.
I will be interviewing Peruvian attorneys closer to the distribution date; if you have had a good experience with a specific one or even a firm, I would appreciate your feedback.
I am currently in Huaral & anticipate having to travel to Lima for these legal services.

Thanks in advance for your help.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 am

woodchuck wrote:Are there any options for transferring more than $1,000,000 USD to Peru?

This would be a one-time transaction regarding the liquidation of a real estate trust in the US.
I greatly value my privacy & don't want any excess government paperwork or costs.
I will be interviewing Peruvian attorneys closer to the distribution date; if you have had a good experience with a specific one or even a firm, I would appreciate your feedback.
I am currently in Huaral & anticipate having to travel to Lima for these legal services.

Xoom limit is $2000
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 am

69roadrunner wrote:
woodchuck wrote:Are there any options for transferring more than $1,000,000 USD to Peru?

Xoom.com limit is $2000
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 am

Just watch out for the defective bills...

http://www.expatperu.com/expatforums/vi ... hp?t=22743
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:59 pm

You will be required to file a Fincen 114 yearly and the interest you earn will be taxed as well. The money will not be insured. Failure to file the Fincen will result in stiff fines and possible loss of passport. You will have to pay the financial transaction tax to the Peruvian Gov as well.
Krusty

Postby Krusty » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:45 am

Is Transferwise a good solution to transfer like 1000$ for example ? I've heard a lot about this solution but never tried it

Return to “Our Articles : Your Suggestions / Updates (WIKI)”

Login  •  Register