I have several questions about a Magic Jack:
1. Do you get acceptable phone clarity using the MJ with the internet?
2. Are there any costs other than buying the unit?
3. Where can you purchase a MJ at democratic prices?
4. Does anyone have a used unit for sale?
1) Clarity is so-so ... the better internet connection you have (more mb) the better the connection.
2) Yes, you have to pay per year or for 5 years in advance ... last I checked it was approximately $36/year or $99 for 5 years.
3) You either have to find someone selling one here, have someone in US send you one, or next time you go to US, buy one and bring it back. In all honesty, I have two but I'm not sure you even need it. I think you can sign up, pay the costs, use the magicapp on smartphone and make and receive calls through your cell phone (which is what i do).
4) I guess I could sell my 1 of my older units if you need it. If so, send me a pm...