Where can I buy prep materials for DELE in Lima?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
MJoyLaufer
Silver Member
Silver Member

Where can I buy prep materials for DELE in Lima?

Postby MJoyLaufer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Hi all,

I am studying to take the level C1 exam. I have looked around a few bookstores in Lima, but no one seems to carry study materials for the DELE. I know Spanish language schools might have them, but I'd have to sign up for a class. Does anyone have any advice? In particular, I'd like El Cronómetro.

Thanks,
M

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Where can I buy prep materials for DELE in Lima?

Postby Alan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi,

Have you tried SBS? That is where we buy most of our textbooks.

By the way, you might want to look into the SIELE exam. It is new and offers advantages that the DELE doesn't. For example, you can take the exam in parts (oral production, written production, reading, listening), the results come in sooner, and there is no pass/fail, just a final grade, much like the TOEFL. Btw, El Sol (my school) is an authorized SIELE testing center in Lima (www.elsolperu.com).

The Cervantes Institute (who are behind the DELE) are also the main backers of this exam, together with the University of Salamanca, the Autonoma de Mexico, and the University of Buenos Aires). The technical partner (since it is a computer based exam) is Telefonica.
MJoyLaufer
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby MJoyLaufer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the info. Good to know about other options for tests and that el Sol has a testing center. Is there an SBS store in Lima? Or is it for online sales?

Thanks,
M
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:31 pm

A bunch of locations. They specialize in books for language learning, mostly for English learners and teachers. Very good store. https://www.sbs.com.pe/

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register