Warning to Expat = Venezuelans

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Warning to Expat = Venezuelans

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:23 am

I thought I would never have to make a thread like this, because I have a lot of Venezuelans who are my friends, here in Peru and abroad.

I am one of those Peruvians who love Venezuela and their people, their beaches and Culture. Their happiness and enthusiasm for life is amazing.

Unfortunately, things have changed dramatically the last months all over South America. Crimes, robberies and unnecessary violence made by a notorious and big minority of them are affecting their impression we had in Perú and the rest of the Continent.

Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Brazil are among the most affected countries, but also Panama and Chile.

I am still trying to resist to the blatant evidence that these events is happening in Peru and the rest of the mentioned Countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyzrfrR-xLw

jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Warning to Expat = Venezuelans

Postby jumpinjack » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:25 am

That has been previously covered;
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30674&p=155014#p154892
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:12 am

Hello JumpingJack , This thread is a clear warning

For example if you are the owner of a business in Peru (as an expat), you should take the necessary preventive measure to this not happens to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-T5vFrOEmM
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:32 am

Kind of a 'clear and present danger', eh?
Last edited by jumpinjack on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:43 am

jumpinjack wrote:Kind of a 'clear and present dander', eh?

Could you help me understand what do you mean ?
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:50 am

Oops, see correction above.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:56 am

jumpinjack wrote:Oops, see correction above.

JumpinJack, what do you mean ? again
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:58 am

Uhhh I dunno, maybe, to quote you, " This thread is a clear warning"
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 am

jumpinjack wrote:Uhhh I dunno, maybe, to quote you, " This thread is a clear warning"

You might understand that a warning cannot be mentioned inside another thread , because of the purpose of the warning itself could be easily lost
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:29 am

How so? What do you mean?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:32 am

Jumpinjack,

This another video demonstrate clearly that the vast majority of Venezuelans (the good people) want order and respect.
I extracted , translated and quoted some phrases made by them , just for you

“Document in order (for venezuelans)”
“We (venezuelans) must respect Peru”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkZvGAZaHOs
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:35 am

windsportinperu wrote:Hello JumpingJack , This thread is a clear warning

For example if you are the owner of a business in Peru (as an expat), you should take the necessary preventive measure to this not happens to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-T5vFrOEmM

Sorry that happened to you, Windy.
The clear warning should be that you the store owner should be careful who you hire.
Hard to take the necessary preventive measure to stop an inside job like that.
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:37 am

Thanks dude but I need no preaching to. I never started a a thread and said "Hello JumpingJack , This thread is a clear warning "
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Jimmy, I agree

The owner of that business lost a lot of money, the cashier could have already easily run away from Peru with all the money

A good way to control it, is making a daily balance between the money in the cash-drawer and the number of receipt (boleta or factura) . It should match in quantities every single day.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:23 pm

jumpinjack wrote:Thanks dude but I need no preaching to "

:D , You made me laugh
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:30 pm

That cashier should perhaps try for a career in magic... now you see it, now you don't...
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:54 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Jimmy, I agree

The owner of that business lost a lot of money, the cashier could have already easily run away from Peru with all the money

A good way to control it, is making a daily balance between the money in the cash-drawer and the number of receipt (boleta or factura) . It should match in quantities every single day.

My Spanish isn't so great so forgive me if I'm mistaken but in the video an expat store owner hired a crooked Venezuelan cashier who was on the take?
My questions, why did he hire a Venezuelan instead of a Peruvian?
Is it because he could pay her less than a Peruvian?
Was she even legally able to work in Peru?
If all this is true then he only has himself to blame.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:31 pm

Formidable1, It is a good set of question, but none of them are answered straightforward by the video.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:38 am

Bad news: 2 Venezuelans killed a Peruvian carpenter in Trujillo

The carpenter offered them a place to work. They killed him without mercy hitting his head with an sledge hammer. Previously to be murdered his hands and feet were tied with a rope, Then they stole all the money and are fugitive now. Be careful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7pmdZ-52w4
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Explanation of part of the complex problem in Venezuela:

The Communist Revolution in Venezuela was supported by a group of followers named by Chavez as "colectivos" . At the beginning they were para-military with guns prepared to threaten or kill anyone who was against the Revolution. They were thousands and thousands of men and women

After the death of Chavez and the economic collapse of Venezuela (Maduro), those armed forces have become as a new form of group into the country. They are actually just criminals . They do whatever they want, no official police or judge in Venezuela dare to put them in jail They kill, kidnap, they steal from grocery stores, and do the "dirty work"

Colectivos (now criminals with impunity) are extreme dangerous and have exemption of punishment. They think they have the right to do whatever they want inside of Venezuela, but also outside of it (Colombia, Brazil, Peru and Ecuador)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-e4BvLL5g8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DvCg8h-Ks
PRL.1206

Postby PRL.1206 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:00 am

If they are that tough, they can also fight and build up their own country. Many refugees were allready criminals before they left their county. That's probably the reason why they left.
Deport them and hand them over to the authorities in their home countries.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Colectivos kiling in Venezuela , This video must not be seen by children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH_sGg2IlIQ
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Venezuelans brutally killed a prosperous business woman in Perú. She offered them a place to stay and work at her Hostal in Bagua Grande

They mercilessly stabbed 20 times in her body and cut her throat . After that, were caught by the Police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4HLBUkw_M
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Strange how Peru needs outside help to fight poverty here, but throw the borders open and support people like these.
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:41 pm

"Charity begins at home".....look what refugees did to Germany and France!!

W.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Peruvians has a tradition of being supportive people, it is done every day here among families members, but also with strangers. For example is very common to support someone who has an economic necessity organizing a “pollada” what is food based on chicken

I still believe that Peru has done the correct thing helping to Venezuela, but criminals could get into the country as well. The problem is that there are too many of them, criminals.

By experience of living in Peru and traveling extensively in South America (Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina) I can now claim that the numbers of dishonest, disloyal and criminals in Venezuela is far more bigger than I suppose would be. It does not change the fact that Venezuela has good people
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Venezuelans migrants fighting against Venezuelans migrants, in Colombia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7XefCONMgw
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Venezuelans took over a beach house in Chorrillos, Lima and transformed it into a clandestine discotheque (drugs, sex and alcohol). It lasted weeks and weeks of permanent noise and general unrest

Finally the organized neighbors with the help of the police expelled them from the place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR79TIKTk04
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:20 am

He gave them an opportunity to work, but the venezuelans guys tried to kill him and his children. After that, they stole 50k soles, about 14,000 usd . They threatened to kill his 4 years old !

The situation is so unbelievable. A family member of the victim (previously to be committed the crime), helped the criminal with money for appendicitis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfijngYRSvc

P.S. It is not a coincidence that the worst crimes committed by Venezuelans, are those where the victims initially received with open arms to the criminals, and after they knew where is the money , they just stole it. No remorse, no thankfulness for the help

Moral: if you try to help venezuelans, ironically you are putting your belongings, money and life at risk
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:16 pm

She thought that having a housemaid at home would be a good way to help this homeless Venezuelan woman

Before committing the robbery, the housemaid asked for an advance payment of the salary. She said that her father was sick in Venezuela.

Before being hired she showed her Venezuelan ID !

She stole everything of value at home including a new cellphone, expensive clothing , money and jewelries from the money-box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa0aA-VT1fU
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Thankfully, they have other methods of making money...

https://www.caracaschronicles.com/2018/ ... s-in-peru/
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Everything has changed in their neighborhood.

Dogs are being poisoned by criminals from Venezuela. The purpose of this is killing the animal that is protecting your house. After that, the robbery is made

Pitbull are among the victims. The children are extremely affected for the death of their dogs. They are part of the family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwjX5U31yUI
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:48 am

The relentless crime activity of some Venezuelans in Peru

He was a worker at a wholesaler in Trujillo. 3 hours before the robbery, He was hidden inside the business

Before being hired, he showed his Venezuelans passport. The passport was kept by the owner , but before committing the crime, the criminal asked for the passport because it was about to expired. What a lier !

The owner gave him a place to live and work (food included). They celebrated his birthday !

The amount stolen is 90,000 soles, about $ 27,000. The money was going to be used for paying a debt with a bank . The economic future of the owner has been totally destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsqzBPnp9dU
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:04 pm

G'day all,

The time seems right to close the borders now. As my dad once said to me "learn from the mistakes of other, as you don't live long enough to make them all yourself".
So, Peru government ( and goodie two shoes people) have a look at Europe....Germany, France etc where they accepted 000's of so called refugees from Africa etc etc and the Muslims. The unrest and problems that caused, made those countries close their borders, albeit somewhat late.

Open your eyes Peru, enough is enough now....but the horse has bolted...gotta live with the results now.

Sorry to be cynical, but needed to say it straight.

Cheers,
W
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:00 pm

Thanks for your words, Wira.

Before of the massive arrival of Venezuelans to Peru, I was already informed about the situation in some countries in Europe. But the scenario was different with Venezuelans. They have the same language and the most important the same religion. It was supposed that being from the same backgrounds there will not be problems, but to be honest I didn’t understand the consequences of Venezuela having the high rates of criminality in the World during years and years. Now, I have a wider vision of it. I didn’t understand the magnitude of Venezuela as a Narco-State

Venezuela is rotten to its core. The government is totally bad, evil and corrupt. The society has been divided during decades as chavistas vs no-chavistas. The values and respect for law, private property, life, etc is very low there. Stealing is as normal as buying in the rest of the World.

The Venezuelans ID is very easy to falsify, so showing an ID is guarantee of nothing. They may even obtained an original ID but with fake data

The passport is sold in the black market there, so criminals are coming to Peru with an original passport, but with a new identity: new name, new place of birth, etc. Our country cannot guarantee that the information given by Venezuela Government Is correct.

The only requisite to obtained a PTP in Peru is showing the ID or Passport. Then the conclusion is that actually there are hundreds of criminals out there with PTP legally obtained in Peru !

Everything could be fake in Venezuela: University studies, passports, IDs, working experiences, marriage status, etc, etc.

Around November or December 2018, I thought that the bad news was going to be decreased, but it is increasing rapidly. So 2019 is going to be a very tough year here.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:00 am

Another crime committed by Venezuelans. Now in Ambato, Ecuador , it was during the New Year celebration

An honest and young Ecuadorian was killed with several stabs . The stabbing was made with the purpose of killing the person because it was directly to the neck, heart and lungs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LoSnAoNngk
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:30 am

A 50 years old man asked to turn the music down to a group of 10 Venezuelans young men. They were listening music out loud at night in the streets of a neighborhood in Lima.

The response from the young Venezuelans was immediately violent. The Peruvian man received 10 surgical stitching in his left arm and his body had a lot of bruises everywhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBEdk30yyM
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Another recent robbery made by venezuelans. She was working as a Hostel for a period of 2 months in an atmosphere of trust

She planned the robbery with a couple of venezuelans guys. Late at night, she left the rear door open intentionally for her accomplice enter into the Hostel and go straight where the money was kept. The amount of the robbery = S/ 5,000, about $ 1,500

Moral : These criminals could work for you during 2, 4, 6 or more months, waiting for the opportunity to steal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS--vqpEtPw
Slippery Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippery Jack » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:43 am

I'm getting a feeling that you aren't keen on Venezuelans.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 am

Slippery Jack wrote:I'm getting a feeling that you aren't keen on Venezuelans.

About 4 or 6 months ago, my enthusiasm with the arrival of Venezuelans was great, but after these atrocities, not anymore.

We must make the differences among the good and the bad people, but when we have no clue who is good and who is bad, then better not to take a risk.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 am

This happened yesterday

Venezuelan taxi driver (legally working) ran his car over the body of a Peruvian policeman. He was transported onto the car hook across 8 blocks in the street of Lima before using his gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7mC5sWKS1c
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 am

This happened 2 days ago in Arequipa

A mother who is a Peruvian street seller complained to 4 Venezuelans, because they were kicking the door of a combi.

She was alone, was insulted and one of them spat onto her face. After everything was supposedly ended, the 4 thugs (3 women included), followed her to a better place to continue attacking her. A taxi driver saw it and intervened. Rapidly the police arrived and took them as prisoner

She was threatened to death, the same for the taxi driver. She cannot resist crying (minute 5:50), because of the attack of 4 against her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzJ4kcpp8Ks
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 am

This happened less than a week ago ago in Lima

The whole family was temporarily kidnapped and tied up (including the grandmother, a 14 years old teenager, and the 2 little girls of 5 and 6 years old) . Also a pregnant woman was tied up and beaten in her head with the hand grip of a gun

The family are prosperous bakers in Puente Piedra. The 4 venezuelans stole more than 150,000 soles = 45,000 usd. This amount including all the costly object at home + saving money . They are scared to death

The Venezuelan robbers knew who were the members of the family, who enter and leave the house daily, and the family relationship among them etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz4AEaPPW6U

P.S. I have already informed to my friends and family members of the "plague" of crimes committed in Peru. Most of Peruvians are actually totally unaware of this. So the recommendation is informing to your family members and friends about this wave of new crimes
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:03 pm

windsportinperu wrote:This happened less than a week ago ago in Lima

The whole family was temporarily kidnapped and tied up (including the grandmother, a 14 years old teenager, and the 2 little girls of 5 and 6 years old) . Also a pregnant woman was tied up and beaten in her head with the hand grip of a gun

The family are prosperous bakers in Puente Piedra. The 4 venezuelans stole more than 150,000 soles = 45,000 usd. This amount including all the costly object at home + saving money . They are scared to death

The Venezuelan robbers knew who were the members of the family, who enter and leave the house daily, and the family relationship among them etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz4AEaPPW6U

P.S. I have already informed to my friends and family members of the "plague" of crimes committed in Peru. Most of Peruvians are actually totally unaware of this. So the recommendation is informing to your family members and friends about this wave of new crimes

There are many other problems preoccupying government at the moment including corruption, robbery, murder etc. It was pretty obvious that with existing unemployment and poverty it would be an impossible task to take on an additional 1/2 a million people from Venezuela. No jobs or social support, they will adopt the norm and act through need. As was the case in Peru prior to their arrival. Some countries have got it right and created ''concentration'' camps as the only safe option, but of course this would need social support. Peru cannot provide this and has made the decision to look good and plant them on the people of Peru. I don't like to say it, but my fellow countrymen here are weak and unable to provide for these people. There are solutions but is anybody strong enough to provide them. I know of a few in government who could, but would be stopped by the majority.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:07 pm

With 500,000 there are bound to be more than a few bad apples.

My question is what would happen if entry were restricted? Would refugees still find their way across Peru's long and open border? Would this increase corruption at the border crossings? Would we end up turning other wise law abiding refugees into criminals? Obviously there needs to be some controls and lots of record keeping, but maybe Peru wouldn´t be able to stop the flow even if they wanted to.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Adrian and Alan,

One thing I am 100% sure. Before of the massive arrival of Venezuelans, Peru was a safer and more peaceful place to live.

The numbers are now 650,000 Venezuelans

I have no clue on how to differentiate the good and bad Venezuelan now. Papers in order are not a guarantee. Do not trust in any Venezuelans who has arrived in Peru the last 12 months or so.

Venezuelans living in Peru for years are good people. The longer a Venezuelan is in Peru the better demonstration that he/she is good person

The criminals from Venezuela are disguised as good people. That is way they can live and work with their future victims during months. They are invisible to my eyes

I am only posting a fraction of what is really happening. Most of the crimes are unsolved and have no video.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:49 am

This happened about a week ago , Peruvian boy beaten by strong Venezuelan man

He didn't want the poor Peruvian street seller boy to offer his product inside his business

The people saw him hitting the boy in his back and took him as a prisoner. Police arrive and all of them went to Comisaria, including witnesses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTonF--ri2I
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 am

Venezuelan kidnapped and publicly killed an Ecuadorian woman in IBARRA a peaceful city in Ecuador . She was pregnant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az0HQG52LIo

A portion of the population is fed up , they don't want more venezuelans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJt4g_IXk_M
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:49 pm

This Venezuelan guy works as moto-taxista, so he has a daily income.

Not happy with that, he has stolen and attacked to 2 Peruvian young teenagers with a knife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPp_pGVT67A
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:27 pm

This happened today.

2 venezuelans stole his taxi. They asked for a ransom. He borrowed money from friends and paid. His car was totally dismantled

Now he has lost his car and is in debt. He cannot work because has no car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDCkfavIVu4

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register