Carnet

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Gordi

Carnet

Postby Gordi » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi, I'm married to a Peruvian citizen and I'm planning to apply for the carnet. Does anyone know roughly how long the process takes? Also, has the process has changed with the recent changes to immigration law? Any replies gratefully received.

gt-cri

Re: Carnet

Postby gt-cri » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi Gordi,

I just had my application approved and it was just short of 2 months from start to finish. I did most of the leg-work in Miraflores but had to visit Lima central Immigraciones office, to sort out an issue with the web-based appointments system. The form to use was Formulario F-004 (Cambio de Calidad Migratoria Residente Familiar De Residente).

That and making payments to the Banco de la Nacion took most of the back and forward efforts, apart from the Interpol 0.5 day trawl, for the Police Report. After everything was handed-in (copies of passport, marriage certificate copy, copy of last entry page on passport, DNI of my wife, a utility bill from our address) it became a waiting-game, occasionally logging-in to the immigraciones website to monitor the progress.

It's worth mentioning that Christmas/New Year would have probably caused additional delays in processing the application.
Hope that helps!
gt
Gordi

Postby Gordi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Thanks gt-cri, that's really useful to know.
gt-cri

Postby gt-cri » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:08 pm

No worries- good luck and get in touch if you need any more info?
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:53 pm

G'day Gordi, ( interesting handle!!)

As extra info, please see my other posts on the "30 day turn around limit"(which never happens), and what you may do IF it's greatly overdue, maybe with the help of a legal eagle.

In the current climate, you may expect 2-3+ months, mainly because of the thousands of Ven' refugees being processed.

I suggest that you get an official,current print out of what is required for your particular carnet....things change!! if that's tricky for you on their website, go to Migraciones in Brena and get a copy from their info counters....be prepared for a long wait. :-(

Happy to answer any questions that I can, bearing in mind I did a Rentista visa, not married one.

Cheers,
W
Retired Aussie in Peru.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Wiracocha wrote:G'day Gordi, ( interesting handle!!)

As extra info, please see my other posts on the "30 day turn around limit"(which never happens), and what you may do IF it's greatly overdue, maybe with the help of a legal eagle.

In the current climate, you may expect 2-3+ months, mainly because of the thousands of Ven' refugees being processed.

I suggest that you get an official,current print out of what is required for your particular carnet....things change!! if that's tricky for you on their website, go to Migraciones in Brena and get a copy from their info counters....be prepared for a long wait. :-(

Happy to answer any questions that I can, bearing in mind I did a Rentista visa, not married one.

Cheers,
W
Retirwiraed Aussie in Peru.

You, Wiracocha, have a rentisra visa. Completely different from a carnet
Cheers
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:10 am

Hello Beep-beep,
"You, Wiracocha, have a rentisra visa. Completely different from a carnet"

Interesting comment... I am happy to learn.
I wonder why my collection document had these words..."Para recoger su Carné de Extranjería", and on my carnet (ID card) it says "Calidad Migratoria: RTA Rentista".
Cheers,
W
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:51 am

Beep!
I'm buggered by all of this.

Cheers!
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Wiracocha wrote:Hello Beep-beep,
"You, Wiracocha, have a rentisra visa. Completely different from a carnet"

Interesting comment... I am happy to learn.
I wonder why my collection document had these words..."Para recoger su Carné de Extranjería", and on my carnet (ID card) it says "Calidad Migratoria: RTA Rentista".
Cheers,
W

I guess you got a short memory
Key words "Rentista Visa"
gr-cri is applying for a Residente Familiar De Residente
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=31146&p=156600#p156600
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:55 pm

G'day Beep beep,
I kinda covered that aspect in my Feb 2 posting if you read all....no worries, mate!! :)

Cheers,
W
kookukachoo

Postby kookukachoo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:00 am

I am just starting this process. Call me confused. What is the different flavors of residency? For instance, what is the difference between Rentista Visa and Residente Familiar De Residente and the process involved?
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:30 pm

G'day Kooku,
To simplify :
Rentista visa/carnet is for fully retired people who receive an pension from their homeland.You cannot work.It does not have to be renewed every year.
Marriage visa/carnet: if you are married to a Peruvian. You have to renew each year with new proof of marriage.
Residente Familia....sorry, don't know about that one...maybe same as marriage visa??
Working visa: don't know the details, but is rather self-explanatory
Tourist visa: the one given to you when you first arrive...has limited days.

I strongly recommend that you select which one is suitable/appropriate for your circumstances and then get the details of requirements for it from Migraciones...either their website ot best to visit them in Brena.

If uncertain or apprehensive, engage an immigration lawyer...who speaks English if that is needed.

Hope this helps a bit.
Cheers,
W
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Further to my last post....internet shows the following visas for Peru.
Resident worker visa
Student visa
Catholic religious visa
Non-Catholic religious visa
Independent investor visa
Independent professional visa
Rentista visa (a form of retirement visa, or for foreigners with a permanent income who do not intend to work in Peru)
Family resident visa (for family members of a resident in Peru, including husbands and wives)

As I said before...visit Migraciones website and check for details of CURRENT requirements etc on the one that suits you. You can click on English (British flag),if needed ,top right hand side for translation.

cheers,
W

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register