Ideas for business in Lima,Peru.

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Nirborgel

Ideas for business in Lima,Peru.

Postby Nirborgel » Wed May 08, 2019 11:35 am

Hey everyone, i was traveling in Lima and i fell inlove in this place, i really think there is a lot of business options there. I would like to get an ideas for a business, i have 50,000 sol (around 15,000$) or more that i can invest in a business. Or maybe even a partnership!

Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ideas for business in Lima,Peru.

Postby Formidable 1 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:49 am

Nirborgel wrote:Hey everyone, i was traveling in Lima and i fell inlove in this place, i really think there is a lot of business options there. I would like to get an ideas for a business, i have 50,000 sol (around 15,000$) or more that i can invest in a business. Or maybe even a partnership!

An underwater restaurant.
Nirborgel

Postby Nirborgel » Wed May 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Formidable 1 wrote:
Nirborgel wrote:Hey everyone, i was traveling in Lima and i fell inlove in this place, i really think there is a lot of business options there. I would like to get an ideas for a business, i have 50,000 sol (around 15,000$) or more that i can invest in a business. Or maybe even a partnership!

I hope to get more serious comments.
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:39 pm

Nirborgel wrote:
Formidable 1 wrote:

This isn't serious?...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-norw ... SKCN1R10IV
Nirborgel

Postby Nirborgel » Wed May 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Formidable 1 wrote:
Nirborgel wrote:
Formidable 1 wrote:

This isn't serious?...

But can i do it with 50,000 sol? I guess not.
I am looking for something that i can invest with this am
ount. Maybe a litle bit more
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Nirborgel wrote:
Formidable 1 wrote:
Nirborgel wrote:
Formidable 1 wrote:

This isn't serious?...

But can i do it with 50,000 sol? I guess not.
I am looking for something that i can invest with this am
ount. Maybe a litle bit more

Well, how about something on a smaller scale like an underwater tiki bar?
Last edited by Formidable 1 on Wed May 08, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Wed May 08, 2019 4:19 pm

How about a Taxi?
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:31 pm

The problem with a taxi is competing with a million others.
Plus running the risk of it getting stripped or stolen.
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Wed May 08, 2019 6:07 pm

Formidable 1 wrote:
Nirborgel wrote:Hey everyone, i have 50,000 sol (around 15,000$) or more.

Hmmm.... how much more??????
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Wed May 08, 2019 10:42 pm

What an interesting topic! A taxi is covered by the amount you mention, but the return isn't so hot, according to the drivers I have spoken too. They say you can clear about 100 to 140 soles a day, working 10 hours, so break it down as a per hour wage, and you won't really be that much ahead of the game, especially considering wear and tear on your car, and the risks of accidents or even robbery. The competition really is great, so it is a tough slog.

What is your background? Do you have any special skills that you can offer? Are you thinking about working in the business, or you just want to have your money work for you? What neighborhood will you be living in?
Nirborgel

Postby Nirborgel » Wed May 08, 2019 10:51 pm

Alan wrote:

What an interesting topic! A taxi is covered by the amount you mention, but the return isn't so hot, according to the drivers I have spoken too. They say you can clear about 100 to 140 soles a day, working 10 hours, so break it down as a per hour wage, and you won't really be that much ahead of the game, especially considering wear and tear on your car, and the risks of accidents or even robbery. The competition really is great, so it is a tough slog.

What is your background? Do you have any special skills that you can offer? Are you thinking about working in the business, or you just want to have your money work for you? What neighborhood will you be living in?

Hey, thanks for the great comment!
I am looking for a business oppertunities, therefore i dont really care where , only it will be in Lima. Perfer Miraflores.
I dont have any problem of working in my business, if necessary.
For your next question - i dont have any special skills, i worked in a digital marketing & startup company for few years. Nothing too serious - but i guess i can use this knowledge for my business.

I look for something to start with, maybe a small business or even a partnership.
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am

Nirborgel wrote:
Alan wrote:

I am looking for a business oppertunities, therefore i dont really care where , only it will be in Lima. Perfer Miraflores.
For your next question - i dont have any special skills, i worked in a digital marketing & startup company for few years. Nothing too serious - but i guess i can use this knowledge for my business.

I look for something to start with, maybe a small business or even a partnership.

I think a more important question would be, what is your immigration status? I am assuming you are not a citizen of Peru.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Fri May 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Nirborgel wrote:

Miraflores is quickly filling up with new hotels, apartment buildings, and to a lesser extent, business centers. All these folks need food, and are looking for new alternatives, particularly healthier foods, and ESPECIALLY food that can be delivered by new services like Glovo and Uber Eats. I have found a couple restaurants, with small, relatively innexpensive locations (sometimes quite tiny) that have a really big, shiny presence on the food delivery apps. So, starting with a small, out-service, focus is a way you could get going with the small investment you have. Your background in digital marketing would be a plus, and its a business you could work in yourself.
Nirborgel

Postby Nirborgel » Sat May 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Alan wrote:
Nirborgel wrote:

Miraflores is quickly filling up with new hotels, apartment buildings, and to a lesser extent, business centers. All these folks need food, and are looking for new alternatives, particularly healthier foods, and ESPECIALLY food that can be delivered by new services like Glovo and Uber Eats. I have found a couple restaurants, with small, relatively innexpensive locations (sometimes quite tiny) that have a really big, shiny presence on the food delivery apps. So, starting with a small, out-service, focus is a way you could get going with the small investment you have. Your background in digital marketing would be a plus, and its a business you could work in yourself.

Actually i would perfer not invest in a food restaurent of any type, the food usiness isnt that interesting me.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Sat May 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Nirborgel wrote:
Alan wrote:
Nirborgel wrote:

Actually i would perfer not invest in a food restaurent of any type, the food usiness isnt that interesting me.

Actually, what DOES interest you and BTW what IS your immigration status, a very important consideration
Nirborgel

Postby Nirborgel » Sun May 12, 2019 12:44 am

69roadrunner wrote:
Nirborgel wrote:
Alan wrote:
Nirborgel wrote:

Actually, what DOES interest you and BTW what IS your immigration status, a very important consideration

I am not a citizen, i have an European citizenship (french) that is possibly can help.
What interest me is a lot of things, EXCEPT food industry.
My hobbies (if helps) are extreme (surf, snowboarding, dune buggies etc), i think that anything that include innovation will interest me, such as startups, marketing, mainly Entrepreneurship.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon May 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Another business that is very inexpensive to begin, and which goes to your skill sets, is to remarket tours and packages for agencies.
Nirborgel

Postby Nirborgel » Mon May 13, 2019 5:47 pm

Alan wrote:Another business that is very inexpensive to begin, and which goes to your skill sets, is to remarket tours and packages for agencies.
Alan wrote:Another business that is very inexpensive to begin, and which goes to your skill sets, is to remarket tours and packages for agencies.

Hmmm . Sounds interesting. Can i get more information? More specific info. Thx ;)
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon May 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Nirborgel wrote: Hmmm . Sounds interesting. Can i get more information? More specific info. Thx ;)

Do you want ideas or a free business-plan ?

No seas Conchudo !
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Tue May 14, 2019 7:18 am

Considering your background (and interest?) you might want to dive into the FinTech and digital marketing sectors. FinTech is growing especially fast in Lima with several VC's supporting development of the sector. Marcom is still undervalued so there should be plenty of opportunities there. Most companies that require marcom services look abroad for service providers.

VC's and various growth platforms are active in Lima. I advise you to read https://andina.pe/ingles/ and https://elcomercio.pe/economia.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 am

You should be asking for ideas on how to get legal so you can legally work or start a business.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue May 14, 2019 1:49 pm

69roadrunner wrote:You should be asking for ideas on how to get legal so you can legally work or start a business.

As long as he gets the "permiso" to sign contracts, he is as legal as he needs to be in order to invest in a business.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue May 14, 2019 1:53 pm

69roadrunner wrote:You should be asking for ideas on how to get legal so you can legally work or start a business.

Oh, and he will be able to stay in the country forever to run it.....right.
Donnie123

Postby Donnie123 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Hello
I like when foreigner wants to invest their money in my country, as always if the entrepreneur want to pay taxes and create job for peruvians. You have to speak spanish to avoid people scam you, and make a fast research to see all the dangers around lima and peru. MTPS (labor department) also helps you to open a business you just have to go there and look for information, they will give it for free or for a cheap price. (include all the legal information to open any business)

in this link you have
50 ideas of business if u do not speak spanish well you can download in chrome google translate.
gestion.pe/especial/50-ideas-de-negocios/ideas

You can with 2 000 dollars open a small business with this you can have 3 kinds of business only with 8 000 dollars. you never have to put all your money on a only business you need to have money just in case (as bajo la manga). you can too give job some people that like to work that way for a while... Even you can open a church(in peru this business do not page taxes.
you will need to be a believer and like to help people
a facility like house with space( 1000 soles)
4 or 3 people singers
some chairs etc etc you imagine...
believe also a church is like a social group where people go to get fun and many things that make people feeling good( positive reinforcement).

Well I would like to open a gym in miraflores like planet fitness of USA, only with 10 soles and 20 soles of membership, sure behind it I have to use psychological environment where people wants to go only in season or rarely or sometimes to get more members.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue May 14, 2019 3:58 pm

Donnie123 wrote:
in this link you have
50 ideas of business if u do not speak spanish well you can download in chrome google translate.

Well I would like to open a gym in miraflores like planet fitness of USA, only with 10 soles and 20 soles of membership, sure behind it I have to use psychological environment where people wants to go only in season or rarely or sometimes to get more members.

That's a good link. Thanks for sharing. Regarding your last sentence, I read once that gyms go out of their way to target the profile of person who signs up for a year, and only goes once or twice. That turns most business models on their head!

Great suggestions regarding a virtual marketing agency (by FDiH). One expat I know has done this very successfully, though much of his staff actually work in other countries, mostly in south east asia. He handles social marketing campaigns, builds presence on LinkedIN and others. Very cool.

Of course, another business up your alley and possibly within your limited budget is export of Peruvian goods, though this is much, much harder than you might imagine.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Church is not a place for making money and businesses , at least for those who really believe in God
Nirborgel

Postby Nirborgel » Wed May 15, 2019 1:36 am

Donnie123 wrote:Hello
I like when foreigner wants to invest their money in my country, as always if the entrepreneur want to pay taxes and create job for peruvians. You have to speak spanish to avoid people scam you, and make a fast research to see all the dangers around lima and peru. MTPS (labor department) also helps you to open a business you just have to go there and look for information, they will give it for free or for a cheap price. (include all the legal information to open any business)

in this link you have

You can with 2 000 dollars open a small business with this you can have 3 kinds of business only with 8 000 dollars. you never have to put all your money on a only business you need to have money just in case (as bajo la manga). you can too give job some people that like to work that way for a while... Even you can open a church(in peru this business do not page taxes.
you will need to be a believer and like to help people
a facility like house with space( 1000 soles)
4 or 3 people singers
some chairs etc etc you imagine...
believe also a church is like a social group where people go to get fun and many things that make people feeling good( positive reinforcement).

I like your idea about gym in miraflores. Can we stay in touch? Maybe Whatsapp?
Nirborgel

Postby Nirborgel » Sun May 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Alan wrote:
Donnie123 wrote:
in this link you have

That's a good link. Thanks for sharing. Regarding your last sentence, I read once that gyms go out of their way to target the profile of person who signs up for a year, and only goes once or twice. That turns most business models on their head!

Great suggestions regarding a virtual marketing agency (by FDiH). One expat I know has done this very successfully, though much of his staff actually work in other countries, mostly in south east asia. He handles social marketing campaigns, builds presence on LinkedIN and others. Very cool.

Of course, another business up your alley and possibly within your limited budget is export of Peruvian goods, though this is much, much harder than you might imagine.

It sounds interesting, do you live in Peru,Lima?
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon May 20, 2019 12:12 pm

If you directed that last question to me, yes I do.
Nirborgel

Postby Nirborgel » Fri May 24, 2019 2:26 am

Alan wrote:If you directed that last question to me, yes I do.

Can we be in touch via Whatsapp?
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Fri May 24, 2019 12:07 pm

Nirborgel wrote:
Alan wrote:If you directed that last question to me, yes I do.

Can we be in touch via Whatsapp?

I am happy to meet up and share ideas. Just send me a private message on this board. Much better than whattsapp for me.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register