a good hamburger

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
euroman
Gold Member
Gold Member

a good hamburger

Postby euroman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:51 pm

I don`t understand why nobody sells or probably doesn`t want to sell a good hamburger.

Where ever go they sell those shoesole alike burgers.
I was a Mc Donalds last week. I pulled open my burger and could see, It was made of meatrubbish. Small grounded parts of bones, fat and a little bit real meat.

I went to Chillis and although a bit better than the MAC, I could´t taste it came from the deepfreezer.

Yesterday, I made burgers myself at home. I bought 250 grammes of carne molida for 2 soles at the supermarket. Mixed it with an egg, some salt and pepper and oregano. I bought two fresh bread rolls for 40 centavos. And salad, tomato and onion.
The price worked out at 2.00 soles per burger. Far cheaper than those deepfrozen trashburgers you buy at Wong or Tottus.

I don`t understand why places like Chillis and Mc Donalds cannot sell the same kind of burger that I make but sell trash for 12 soles at the Mac or 25 soles at Chillis or TGIF.

bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: a good hamburger

Postby bmike1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:44 pm

there it is.... a business idea.... a real hamburger joint..... or you could just sell it on the streets.buy a refrigerated cart and fill it with soda and hamburger and hotdog stuff and a little electric griddle or two. You'll be a hit!
:-)~mike~(-:
goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby goalie3443 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:06 am

When I want gringo grub I head to the tried and true....

The Old Pub , Calle de las pizzas, Miraflores

Great anglo american pub fare and the large cusquena bottles are super cheap. They even have irish stout on tap. The wings are good but the portion is a little on the small side. I imagine the burgers are good it was started by an american.

My wife tells me the used to not let the locals in the place....back in the day...damned yanks
Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog
euroman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby euroman » Sat May 07, 2011 6:41 pm

goalie3443 wrote:When I want gringo grub I head to the tried and true....

Calle de las pizzas, Miraflores

Calle de pizzas??? I got sick there when I first visited Lima. I ate a pizza and ended up in hospital.

25 soles for the pizza + 250 soles for the hospital + 75 soles for the pharmacia. Total cost of the pizza 350 soles.

Luckely, I was living of wellfare at that time so the pharmacia and hospital costs were refunded but was sick for a whole month and lost a job opportunity because I was too sick to go to the interview.

Now, I make pizzas at home and they are the best. (and safest)
bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bmike1 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:20 am

I just went to bembos last night. wasn't bad!
roddd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby roddd » Mon May 23, 2011 12:00 pm

euroman wrote:
goalie3443 wrote:When I want gringo grub I head to the tried and true....

Calle de las pizzas, Miraflores

Calle de pizzas??? I got sick there when I first visited Lima. I ate a pizza and ended up in hospital.

25 soles for the pizza + 250 soles for the hospital + 75 soles for the pharmacia. Total cost of the pizza 350 soles.

Luckely, I was living of wellfare at that time so the pharmacia and hospital costs were refunded but was sick for a whole month and lost a job opportunity because I was too sick to go to the interview.

Now, I make pizzas at home and they are the best. (and safest)

i did not know there is welfare in Peru :shock:
bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bmike1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:12 pm

i just had lunch at Mape´´s burger joint west of la molina on Avenue Constructores by Narch´s. the hawaiian burger was very good and only cost s/. 5.50
rgbjr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgbjr » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:42 am

Hi Mike
Was it a real home made beef burger. Like the fat ones or a preformed patty. I love hamburgers from chop meat.
Bobby :D
canadiantraveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby canadiantraveller » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 am

I've been having the same issue of craving a decent hamburger since I've been here in Peru. They are all the same, totally flat, no taste.

There is a new sandwich place on Calle Berlin in miraflores called Entre Salsas and it has a pretty damn good burger, and it's not pounded flat. I recommend giving it a try. It's right beside the new Irish pub.

I've recently heard about Grill Conquistadores having a great burger, but haven't tried it yet.

Matt
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:47 pm

canadiantraveller wrote:I've recently heard about Grill Conquistadores having a great burger, but haven't tried it yet.

Matt

They fly the beef in from kansas city!
rgbjr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgbjr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi Please post the address for Grill Conquistadores I would like to try it.
Thank you
Arroz con Pollo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Arroz con Pollo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:18 pm

First result on google :D

http://www.grill.pe/
rgbjr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgbjr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Arroz con Pollo wrote:First result on google :D

http://www.grill.pe/

Thank you
ydelsanto08
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ydelsanto08 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:12 pm

There is an awesome place in Puira, called " el Cabon" amazing burgers. You just line up and taken to go. The place is packed. Try it if your ever in Puira. It's amazing!!
tcjohans
Silver Member
Silver Member

great hamburgers in Barranco

Postby tcjohans » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:21 am

There's a great hamburger place called Vkingo Hamburguesas in Barranco, near the main square.

It's run by a Swedish chef and his Peruvian wife and they prepare all the ingredients themselves. The hamburgers are pure, quality meat. I use to eat the Vikinga XL, which has two hamburgers in it and costs 14 soles. I also recommend the lighter turkey sandwich, which is about 8 soles or so.

It's about half a block from the main square along Av. Grau, on the right-hand side of the avenida (and just before the Turkish restaurant).

Thomas
JamesJ

Postby JamesJ » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:08 pm

305 Sur is the best hamburger place I've found in Lima. Run by an American guy and his Peruvian wife... Its a small place across from the museo de electricidad in Barranco...I'm not a huge burger eater but if I feel like one, I want a good one and this place always delivers.

http://305sur.blogspot.com/
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:26 pm

JamesJ wrote:305 Sur is the best hamburger place I've found in Lima. Run by an American guy and his Peruvian wife... Its a small place across from the museo de electricidad in Barranco...I'm not a huge burger eater but if I feel like one, I want a good one and this place always delivers.

http://305sur.blogspot.com/

Awesome!
CptnHk

Postby CptnHk » Fri May 04, 2012 1:41 am

I'm a little confused here: you went to Mc Donalds got a crappy hamburger and got pissed? If I ever go to Mc Donalds is because I'm looking forward to tell anyone that wants to listen how pink slime is not anymore what it used to be!

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register