S/. 3.336 pen

Paying the Annual Prorroga de Residencia

If you have a Carnet de Extranjeria, each year you’ll be responsible for paying two fees.  The first of these is the Annual Tasa (tasa anual), or foreigner’s tax, which is due at the beginning of each year.  The other, and the subject of this article, is the Prorroga de Residencia, which is basically a renewal fee on your CE. 
The Prorroga de Residencia is due each year on the anniversary of the date you received your Carnet.  There are boxes on the back of your carnet where you’ll find the expiration date printed.  When you pay the prorroga, you’ll get a sticker put in the corresponding space.  When all the spaces for prorrogas and tasas are filled, you’ll have to get a duplicate Carnet before you can renew again.
These are the general requirements for paying the Prorroga de Residencia:
1)  Fill out form F-007 (print out from here or get one for free from the information desk at the immigrations office)
2) Pay a procedural fee of S/.41.04 to the Banco de la Nacion, and keep your receipt.
3)  Pay the prorroga fee of $50.00USD*
4)  Original and photocopy of your passport and your carnet de Extranjeria.

*Certain classes of foreign residents are exonerated from paying the $50 US prorroga, most notably religious workers, spouses of Peruvians, those under 18 years of age and government workers.  Check  DIGEMIN regulations (page down to Article 3.0) to see if you are in an exonerated category.   However, you must still pay the procedural fee and submit form F-007 and any other required paperwork each year.
Also, in cases in which there are bilateral or multilateral agreements between Peru and other States or international organizations, the payment of fees will be subject to the indications of the agreement.
Apart from the general requirements, each class of foreign resident may have other required documents; for example:

  • Work Visa: Will also require a notarized photocopy of your work contract and your last three pay stubs.
  • Family/Spouse of Peruvian: Also requires a current document that shows continuity of the situation by which the visa was obtained – for example, foreign spouses of Peruvians will need a recently obtained copy of the Acto de Matrimonio to show they are, in fact, still married.  Although it is not listed on the DIGEMIN site you will also most likely be asked for a ‘Carta de Garantia’.This is an affidavit of support from your spouse stating that he/she will be responsible for you morally and fiscally.

For a complete list of other requirements for other classes of residents, check DIGEMIN.

take Spanish clases online