S/. 3.321 pen

Requirements for a Carnet de Extranjeria

The Carnet de Extranjeria is the Peruvian identification card for foreign residents. There are several different ways you can be eligible for a resident visa and receive a CE: family or married to a Peruvian, workers, students and religious workers are among the most common methods. In the past, getting the resident visa and CE was a two-part process that required leaving the country to get your resident visa. However, the procedure has been simplified, and it is now a much faster and more streamlined process.
If you’re in Lima, going to the immigration offices can be frustrating and time-consuming, as the offices are very busy, employees aren’t always helpful, and lines are long. The earlier in the morning you can go the better – if you can be there when they open at 8, you can often get through with minimal waiting. If you don’t speak Spanish, it’s recommended that you have someone with you who can translate. However, if you are outside of Lima, you may find that this is a situation where you’ll have an easier time, as the immigration offices in the provinces aren’t as busy. Forum members have told us that the clerks in the provinces have been very helpful and that the process was made quite simple.
Please understand that every effort was made to make this guide as complete as possible, but it seems every person goes through a slightly different process, especially people living outside of Lima. All the basics are covered here, but be prepared for surprises.
The following documents are general requirements for anyone who is requesting a resident visa:
· Form F-007 – Download free here, or get a free copy at the immigration offices.
· Receipt for payment (Banco de la Nación) of the processing fee – S/. 58.93.
· Copy of passport or identity document that has been "legalized" by the Peruvian Consulate and the Ministry of Foreign Relations or its Consular representative in Peru or authenticated by the Peruvian General Directorate of Immigration and Naturalization (DIGEMIN).
· in cases in which there are bilateral or multilateral agreements between Peru and other States or international organizations, the payment of fees will be subject to the indications of the agreement.
A list of the other required documents for each type of resident visa can be found at Peruvian Visa Requirements – Resident Visas. After you turn in this paperwork, you’ll be given a ticket with your case number on it. It’s recommended that you keep a complete packet with copies for yourself of everything you hand over to Immigrations together with your case ticket.
At this point, you’ll want to take a trip to INTERPOL, as that paperwork will be required for the next part of your CE – information on this step can be found at Going to INTERPOL.
About 2 weeks later, you’ll email or call with your ticket number, and you’ll be given information on when you need to return.
When you return, you’ll need to fill out two other forms:
Form F004 – (Download here)to change your status to resident (CAMBIO DE CALIDAD MIGRATORIA)

  • Pay S/.59.76 to the Banco de la Nacion for the procedure, attach your receipt
  • A copy of your passport
  • A copy of you Tarjeta Andina
  • Your paperwork/receipt from INTERPOL (see above)
  • A receipt for payment for the change of status to Resident from the Banco de la Nacion ($200) – Some people are exempt from this payment, including married to Peruvian and religious workers. See DIGEMIN (in Spanish) for details (page down to Art. 3)
  • Each class of visa (worker, married to Peruvian etc) has some other document requirements. You can see a list at DIGEMIN (in Spanish).

Form F007A – (download here) to be put in the Registro de Extranjero (Foreigner’s Registry) and issued a CE

  • Receipt showing payment to the Banco de la Nacion for the procedure.
  • Photocopy of your current passport and Tarjeta Andina
  • Receipt showing payment to the Banco de la Nacion for Inscription in the Foreign Registry - $15
  • Proof of having paid the Tasa Annual or (exoneration if eligible).
  • Your paperwork/receipt from INTERPOL (see above)

There are may be other required documents, depending on your class of visa – Check on DIGEMIN (in Spanish).
After the completion of all this paperwork, you’ll be asked to have a seat, and when your turn arrives you’ll be taken in for digital fingerprinting and a photo. Your carnet will be issued to you a short wait later. Congratulations!
Remember that each year you will be required to pay the Tasa Anual (Foreigner’s Tax) and the Prorroga de Residencia (renewal fee).

take Spanish clases online