Girl Guides Peru

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
rgamarra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Girl Guides Peru

Postby rgamarra » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:28 pm

I was wondering if anyone in this forum is involved with the Girl Guides of Peru (a.k.a. Girl Scouts). I am volunteering this year as a Troop Leader and Co-Leader for two separate troops (ages 5-6 & 8-10). I would like for my older girls especially to learn what it's like to be a Girl Guide in Peru, and perhaps interact with a troop in sort of a "pen-pal" fashion.

Please let me know if you or anyone else you may know are involved with the Girl Guides of Peru. I would love to set up some sort of cultural exchange between the troops this year.

Thank you,

Rachel
DFW, Texas

mariate
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Girl Guides Peru

Postby mariate » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi Rachel, my daughter, age 10, attends the local girls scout here in Lima. She is very happy to be involved with them (she misses her friends from the USA) and found they are a nice group, inclusive and with lots of activites to do (they join today a peace march in Miraflores,currently they are helping collect food items and money for the maintinence worker who just lost his wife due to cancer and have three small kids, besides the regular activities. For this Halloween they are going to have a festival at La Castellana with games, customes, food, prices, pumpking contest, etc.
I think the girls will like to correspond with other girls scouts, I will tell Lorena (La guiadora) next saturday meeting.
Saludos

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register