Autobus

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
vazump

Autobus

Postby vazump » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:49 pm

I didnt know where to post this...
Are there autobuses that go from Lima to Buenos Aires? What would be the price of this travel?

Pollo mani
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Autobus

Postby Pollo mani » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:47 am

Hi, yes there are buses that go Buenos Aires from Lima the cost is around $210.00. this is one such bus company one of the best here in Peru http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe.

Happy travels
vazump

Postby vazump » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Thank You!
mahou123
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mahou123 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:32 pm

There are 2 routes Cruz del Sur goes to BA, one via Mendoza, another via Jujuy. One takes 65 hours, another 75. I was thinking of doing that at some stage, but eventually decided to rather fly. Plane tickets can be bought for less than 400 return, which is cheaper, and overall condition of Cruz del Sur bus fleet is not great, buses are mostly outdated. These are not 'full cama' vehicles, meaning you will have to seat in an average seat for almost 3 days, not very exciting. But interesting trip to make anyway, there should be nice scenery on the way crossing Andes. If you end up going, please share your experience.
vazump

Postby vazump » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Thank You!
I will let you know, if I do it.
chante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chante » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:06 am

Mahou - what airline to you use to fly to Buenos Aires? I'll have a few weeks at the end of my stay in
Arequipa and considering going to B.A.
mahou123
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mahou123 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:23 am

chante wrote:Mahou - what airline to you use to fly to Buenos Aires? I'll have a few weeks at the end of my stay in
Arequipa and considering going to B.A.

I only used LAN, there are also Aerolineas Argentinas and TACA flying directly. LAN flights were fine. I only flew Aerolineas once, from Buenos Aires to Sydney, and it's definitely not recommended. But from Lima it's only 3.5 hours to BA, so any flight should be ok, they all use better planes on international routes.

One thing to consider with LAN, they give you cheap domestic add-on flight if you come from place other than Lima. In my case, I was flying from Chiclayo, and the ticket was almost the same price as if I was flying from Lima.
el conquistador

Postby el conquistador » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm

mahou123 wrote:
One thing to consider with LAN, they give you cheap domestic add-on flight if you come from place other than Lima. In my case, I was flying from Chiclayo, and the ticket was almost the same price as if I was flying from Lima.

Flying from another city in Peru via Lima to an international destination is often cheaper than flying directly from Lima. I recently flew to Washington DC and I paid $1288. If I would have flown directly from Lima, the rate would have been $1468.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register