Carnet de Extranjeria

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Carnet de Extranjeria

Postby bmike1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 am

My wife was telling me that her friend in immigrations was saying that I was going to need to travel to the USA once a year for three years to be legal. However, after looking at the Carnet de Extranjeria requirements it seems that isn't the case. Why was she told this? Are these the old requirements?

:-)~mike~(-:
bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Carnet de Extranjeria

Postby bmike1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 am

couldd I get a link to the official page to show my lady?
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:52 am

All the information is in Spanish at the Digemin website.
bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bmike1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 am

I can't find the official document in that mess though.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Have a look at http://www.digemin.gob.pe/inm_sv_mostrar.asp
Once you have your 'Carnet' you a are legal resident. The only obligation you have from that point on is to
pay the Tasa anual and the Prorroga http://www.digemin.gob.pe/inm_pr_mostrar.asp
bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bmike1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm

I just got off the phone with my wife..... she says her contact in embassy will be able to get me the carnet. She just doesn't know how much he'll charge us. I wish it was free!
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Sorry to say, but your 'friend' and migraciones, sounds all a bit dodgy. The tramite is really simple and you really don't need a 'friend' at migraciones to help you at all. In the end they only ask some really basic documentation to support your application, and if a 'friend' helps you to bypass this very basic documentation you could be into an unpleasant surprise in the future.
Just do your paperwork as it is standard asked, and you will get your Carnet with no problems.
Specially if your 'friend at migraciones' has giving you really non-common answers to simple immigration issues I would not trust him any longer..
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:26 am

Mike please forget these shadey deals. The process is simple so follow the rules and you will get a CE with no problms. As you are married to Peruvian girl it is even easier. You will qualify for exemption from the Tasa Anual by just paying 27 soles, instead of the 20$ if you decide to apply that way. Just make sure your documents are in order, up to date, translated and legalised before you come.
bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bmike1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 pm

my problem is that I can't figure out the rules. I've found three sets of instructions which are different. Heck, I'll ask the embassy in Washington DC! I'll post their answer as a follow-up.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:02 pm

You cannot start the process from outside of Peru. You come to Peru as a tourist, and start the tramite here in Lima. If you married outside of Peru, get a fresh certified copy of your marriage certificate, legalize it up to the consul of Peru. In Lima you should translate the document by a certified translator ( don't have it translated outside of Peru, as that translator is not certified in Peru )

And start your tramite in Lima.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:12 pm

bmike1 wrote:my problem is that I can't figure out the rules. I've found three sets of instructions which are different. Heck, I'll ask the embassy in Washington DC! I'll post their answer as a follow-up.

Please Mike it is not something to worry about. Some member love to wind up people. pm
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Here is the information you need in English. > http://www.expatperu.com/requirements-f ... jeria.html

It tells you the forms you need, where to go, what to take.

I'd have a hard time trusting an immigrations official who said I had to return to the US every year for three years, since that is simply not true.

Instead, if you aren't comfortable doing the process on your own, you can hire someone to do all the work for you for a fee. It still costs something, but you'll get it done legally.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register