Can I add minutes to my phone online?

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Jalapenomel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can I add minutes to my phone online?

Postby Jalapenomel » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 pm

We have pre-paid Claro, and I would love to know if there is somewhere online that we can re-up our minutes. I also realized that we are probably incredibly spoiled in the US by being able to do virtually everything online, so if you tell me to go to the tienda, I would not be too surprised.

Also, just to clarify, calling Claro to Claro is free, but depending on the other phone services, that is what determines the cost of the call, correct?

Muchos gracias,
Mel

renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Can I add minutes to my phone online?

Postby renodante » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:36 pm

hate to sound negative, but you can barely pay for anything online here. and when you can, the website is usually broken. long story short, no, you can't recharge your claro online. you can't even pay your monthly internet bill online here most of the time.
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Also, just to clarify, calling Claro to Claro is free, but depending on the other phone services, that is what determines the cost of the call, correct?

i think claro to claro is free only with certain plans, but i'm not totally sure on that one
h2olilly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby h2olilly » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi,
Do you have a peruvian bank account? I am with banco de credito, and I top up my claro phone with their online banking system... aswell as paying all my other bills. In fact for me it is much easier to top up my phone or pay most other bills online than it was back in the UK. Think it depends on the bank you are with though.
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:38 am

h2olilly wrote:Hi,
Do you have a peruvian bank account? I am with banco de credito, and I top up my claro phone with their online banking system... aswell as paying all my other bills. In fact for me it is much easier to top up my phone or pay most other bills online than it was back in the UK. Think it depends on the bank you are with though.

whoa. nope, don't have a peruvian account. scratch what i said then (goes to the corner and hangs his head in shame)
NexLevel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby NexLevel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:18 am

what about the CMR card from Saga? I'm able to recharge my phone by calling their toll free number and using the CMR card to put money on the phone
Jalapenomel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jalapenomel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:35 pm

I figured I would not be able to do it online, but I thought I would ask just in case! We will have a Peruvian bank account as soon as my spouse's work visa is complete, which we are hoping will be the end of this month.

Fingers crossed!
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:17 pm

h2olilly wrote:I am with banco de credito, and I top up my claro phone with their online banking system...

We just switched from Interbank to BCP. With Interbank it's very easy to recharge your Claro with their online-banking. But where can I do it with the BCP online banking. Seems I can't find the right button to click.
mistuhp

Postby mistuhp » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:00 pm

sunflower wrote:
h2olilly wrote:I am with banco de credito, and I top up my claro phone with their online banking system...

We just switched from Interbank to BCP. With Interbank it's very easy to recharge your Claro with their online-banking. But where can I do it with the BCP online banking. Seems I can't find the right button to click.

Don't know if you've found it (I see this is a little old), but it's easy (just weird).

When you go to pago de servicios/directorio de pagos, just click on recarga virtual celular. What's weird about it is there's a separate telecomunicaciones section, which for me is easier to see (go there and there's no recarga option). It's worked fine for me on both carriers.
Jalapenomel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jalapenomel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks I will try this!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register