A Gringa begging on the streets of Lima?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
gringuano
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A Gringa begging on the streets of Lima?

Postby gringuano » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:35 am

I've seen her a couple times. I have also seen two "gringo looking" guys that do this as well. They are more than likely Argentinians. One thing they all have in common is that they are hippies. I have friends that came here from the States for a couple months and did things like this on the street not because they needed the money, but because they simply enjoyed entertaining people during traffic and didn't mind grabbing some soles while they were at it.

Kelly

Postby Kelly » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:46 am

My nephew is the same way - 24 yrs old, says if he decided to stay here he'd rather busk in the street than teach English. :lol:
ehat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ehat » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:43 pm

She might be Peruvian! I've seen a few blond haired blue eyed Peruvians in Lima, as well as redheads..basically quite a lot of types of people. careful who you stereotype
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:15 pm

that's a hippie. could be a pituca hippy, argentine hippy, chilean hippy, least likely a gringa hippy but maybe
el conquistador

Postby el conquistador » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:17 pm

If you go to Iquitos or Cuzco then you will see many of those gringos on the streets.

They sell earrings, bracelets that they made themselves. Play music or do some tricks.
el conquistador

Postby el conquistador » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:59 pm

For some people, it's a way of life.

In Europe, you also see people begging and sleeping on the streets and in Europe there's no need for it.
The government can provide free shelters and has free social restaurants for homeless people.
I guess for some people it's a lifestyle.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register