Self Service Laundry

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Kelly

Self Service Laundry

Postby Kelly » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 am

Does anyone know of a self service laundromat around the Miraflores area? Near Angamos Este is best, but we'll take what we can get.

Pollo mani
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Self Service Laundry

Postby Pollo mani » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Kelly,
This is one at the intersection of Grimalde Del Solar / Schell miraflores.
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:37 pm

if i'm not mistaken there's one on berlin, a few blocks from parque kennedy. it's both self service/full service
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks y'all - we've got company that are leaving in the morning and need their clothes washed quick, but we don't have a dryer.
el conquistador

Postby el conquistador » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:03 pm

I've seen one close to Parque Kennedy. But it didn't look very clean inside.

When my flat in Lima is ready, then I will have a washer and dryer. If you are still stuck then you can use mine.
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby americorps » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:22 pm

Kelly,

we have a dryer, come on over if you like, I will be up late and I don't work tomorrow.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks for the offer - they found a place and got it done. :)
Rosana

Postby Rosana » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Hey kelly, did you happen to know the address of the laundrymat where your friends got their clothes done? We are going to Cuzco very early tomorrow, and really need to wash our clothes right away. We have a washer but no dryer .... :cry: ... help?

Thanks.

Rosana
I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier - but, I couldn't have helped anyway, I don't know the address.

I'll get it from my husband and post it in the services forum, though.
mfperu

Postby mfperu » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:01 pm

Hello,
Here's the scoop on coin laundry. As people mentioned there's one on the corner of Grimalde Del Solar / Schell in Miraflores. That's a little east of Benevides and a few blocks north of Larco. As of 2016 it's 10 soles to wash 10 soles to dry for a smaller mid sized top load. I think they have a larger drier for 18 soles. The place was clean but they didn't seem too friendly. I think they also have a dry cleaner or a lot of equipment in back and it smelled strongly of solutions. There's also another coin laundry directly south. If you go south on Schell I think it turns into Berlin. That laundromat is on 336 Berlin, Coin Super. It's 8.5 to wash, 9 to dry. It's a side loader with a larger mid sized load. I think they have a pretty big machine for 18 soles also. I heard the side loaders are better but I didn't like these as much as it didn't seem like they used much water to rinse and my cloths, even with Eco-friendly free and clear detergent, still smelled a bit like detergent afterward. There’s also only four settings, cold delicate, warm perm press, warm normal, hot normal. Which is a drag if you want normal cold. But it might have been like that at the other place too. The Berlin place is a little dirty as far as lint on the floor and stuff but it's not real gross and didn't bother me. A good thing about this one is it's on a corner with doors on both sides and a ton of airflow. A lot of the detergents and bleaches are toxic so this is a good benefit. The one on Berlin was more crowded but I was there on Sunday and still able to get machines. The place on Grimalde has 6 washers, the Berlin place has many machines. With both places you pay them and they give you tokens to put in the machine, so you don't need change. There's also a place further north on Schell right past the expressway, but it's 11 soles for side loader washers, 11 to dry.
If anyone finds a place to buy eco-friendly detergent please let me know. Thanks to everyone who posted.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register