quickest way to legalise myself for tax whilst not resident

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
leoo24

quickest way to legalise myself for tax whilst not resident

Postby leoo24 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 am

Hi guys :)

quick info, am married to a peruvian, am going to be moving to peru next year.

Have an account at hsbc which i opened with my passport and a the special stamp for signing contracts.

I've got a house in Ica which i'll be selling in a month, but also my wife invested in a mine in the south, so i'll be getting irregular transfers to my account, for arguemtens sake lets say a couple of thousand dollars a month.

Now i don't want to get in trouble looking like i'm not paying taxes, i need to sit down with a contador there in peru, but i'll be there in 2 weeks for 10 days, i know i can't get a carnet de extranjeria in that time frame.

Do i have to be a resident or have some sort of visa other than a tourist visa to have an accountant pay taxes for me in peru?

If i get time to spend a month in peru to get my CE is there a problem with me having a CE and not actually being resident in peru yet? i guess they wouldn't complain about more cash coming in.

An investor visa is out of the question,or is just staying on a tourist visa ok? but 'm not allowed to work on a tourist visa am i? so how i would i classify my income seeing as i'm on a tourist visa?

Do they have S.L companies already setup that i can buy "off the shelf"?

any advice would be great, thanks :)

i do realise i need to see an accountant there but i always prefer being armed with all the information possible, and ofcourse seeing as peru is rife with corruption and people taking advantge i don't want to get caught out by someone.

el conquistador

Re: quickest way to legalise myself for tax whilst not resident

Postby el conquistador » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:23 pm

If you are on a tourist visa, you are not supposed to have an income and cannot pay taxes. Even if you are a resident, you are not always entitled to work or have in income in Peru.

To pay taxes, you need a RUC.

But this is Peru. Rules differ from province to province. I couldn't get a RUC and drivers licence in Lima because I needed a CE. In San Martin, a visa or CE wasn't required.

But you are married to a Peruvian, so getting a CE is easy.
leoo24

Postby leoo24 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks,

yeah my only stumbling block on getting the CE on my upcoming visit is the 20 days for returning to interpol, as i'm only there for 10 days

i`ll have to try and plan a return trip to stay for longer, unless i can give a lawyer authorisation to do it for me?

leoo24

Postby leoo24 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:51 pm

A further question....

if my wife put the money in to her account and transferred it to me, for the meantime until i have my CE, she'll declare it as income so it wouldn't be a problem then would it?
el conquistador

Postby el conquistador » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:53 pm

The quickest way to...

nothing is done quick in Peru.
jontul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jontul » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 pm

There are ways to get things done legally here in Peru that require having the right contacts in the right places. That can mean paying up to 50% more than if you tried to do the same task yourself, but in my experience it's worth it to save yourself the headache of dealing with the bureaucracy and things happen quickly. Let me know if you would like to know the name of my Asesor Documentario (he's the person who handles paperwork for immigration and family matters).
leoo24

Postby leoo24 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Jontul,

yeah that would be great if you could pm me his details,

thanks

Leo

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register