Help Please!

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Help Please!

Postby PeruFan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:00 am


I have a few questions and would GREATLY appreciate any information/advice or suggestions you can give.

1. I am currently in the U.S. Medical reasons kept our family in the states longer than expected. We have now been here for nearly 18 months. Our carnets of course have not been renewed during this time. We have lost our visas because we were out of Peru more than 183 days in any calendar year. We had no permission to be out of Peru for the extended time. Will we just have to "start over" with the carnet process again?

2. Assuming we need to "start over" I know that immigrations will require us to have legalized copies of our daughters birth certificates. I am going to be traveling to Washington, D.C. soon and could easily stop at the Peruvian consulate. Can someone tell me what steps are required to legalize these birth certificates? (The birth certificates I have are original issued birth certificates.)

3. As luck would have it, my Peruvian "brevete" will also expire soon. If I am unable to renew it before the expiration date because I am out of the country, will I have to go through the entire process again to get my permit back? If I do NOT have a current carnet when I return to Peru, but I am back before my brevete expires can I renew it without a current carnet?

ANY help in answering these questions is greatly appreciated. Thank you for kindly taking the time to read this and respond.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register