reputable hair salon-mira flores or san isidro?

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Guzman4
Silver Member
Silver Member

reputable hair salon-mira flores or san isidro?

Postby Guzman4 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi everyone! We are finally here from Wisconsin. Can anyone recommend a nice hair salon (good at coloring) around the San Isidro-Miraflores-La Molina area? I´m looking to hear from anyone that has has a good first hand experience. Thanks much!

Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: reputable hair salon-miraflores or san isidro?

Postby Lloyd007 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:41 pm

There's a great place called ''Marco Aldany'' on Av. Santa Cruz, corner with Av. La Mar in Miraflores (very close to San Isidro). It's very snazzy and I know there is another one on Av. Javier Prado as you go in to La Molina, but have no idea what block that might be.
meggyrosey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: reputable hair salon-mira flores or san isidro?

Postby meggyrosey » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 pm

I have been going to the same hairdresser for the last 3 years. She is amazing at cuts and color, she's no longer at the salon and is currently working doing house calls in Lima. She only speaks Spanish. Please let me know if you are interested and I will send you her contact.
h2olilly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby h2olilly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Not tried it myself,
But someone posted this recomendation a while back on the women with wine site... I was planning on trying next time I need a cut.
Here is a copy of the recomendation

went to a great hairdresser the other day that I would like to tell you all about. What was so great? Well, two things for me personally...he spoke English (as well as French and Spanish) and since he is French he understands Western hair which can be substantially finer than the glorious Peruvian hair and therefore needs different skills to cut it (plus if I had to hear one more Peruvian hairdresser telling me 'wow but your hair is soooo thin!' I think I would have screamed!!!)
Plus he is really nice!!!
His name is Daniel Guidi and his salon is at Av. Conquistadores 163, San Isidro, tel 421 3695 web: wwwdanielguidi.com
I told him I was going to mention him on here so if you go tell him you are from Women With Wine!!!
Good Luck!!
mistuhp

Re: reputable hair salon-miraflores or san isidro?

Postby mistuhp » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Lloyd007 wrote:There's a great place called ''Marco Aldany'' on Av. Santa Cruz, corner with Av. La Mar in Miraflores (very close to San Isidro). It's very snazzy and I know there is another one on Av. Javier Prado as you go in to La Molina, but have no idea what block that might be.

I went there (Miraflores one) a few weeks back. I normally have terrible hair, and it was the best haircut I can remember getting... ever. The guy who cut mine's name is Tito (if I recall correctly), and even though I'm a guy, I have so many cowlicks that if you can cut my hair and make it look good, you can probably do good work on anybody's.

Basically, I cannot recommend that place enough. Given that it's a bigger place with a lot of stylists, the quality is probably not totally consistent, but it's a pretty legit operation.
kendrah
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby kendrah » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Best haircuts I have ever gotten in my life. Besso Salon in Miraflores.

http://es-es.facebook.com/bessosalon

Twin brothers both own the place and I believe they are celebrity hairdressers with their own TV show. I sit down, don't need to say a word, and they finish amazingly quickly.

I repeat, best haircut I have ever gotten.
heatherlyone

Postby heatherlyone » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Hey! I just want to second the recommendation for Daniel Guidi at 163 Av Conquistadores in San Isidro. I went there today to get a cut and colour and he is awesome, as is his partner Jesus who runs the place. They are so lovely and Daniel made my hair look fabulous. They are really trying to build up their business and I find it so hard to find good quality hairstylists (in any country!) that I really wanted to put in a good word for them.

You can email them here: reservas@danielguidi.com to make a reservation in English, French or Spanish. They also have a stylist who speaks Japanese!

Cheers.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register