House Cleaning

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
BobJan

House Cleaning

Postby BobJan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:36 pm

This is our second extended stay in Lima as volunteer English teachers. We're living in an apartment overlooking Plaza Mayor in the old city. In this part of town, what's a fair hourly rate to pay a 3-5 hour/week housekeeper? Last year, we paid our doorman's grown daughter 10 soles per hour (I believe). I usually added a tip to cover her transportation and a little extra. She's coming back again starting this Saturday, and I like to hear what others are paying before we settle on a new rate.

koplinfamilia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: House Cleaning

Postby koplinfamilia » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 pm

30-35 soles a day seems to be the going rate. Paying by the hour is very generous, I think if you are paying 10 soles an hour that is more than fair. Some will also ask for their transportation costs to be covered if it is a far trek.
Integrity Tourism & Transportation
ENTEL 985 059 944
RPM #949 811 404
USA Direct Line (585) 861-3106
http://www.integritytourism.com
International_Mom

Re: House Cleaning

Postby International_Mom » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:32 am

I am scheduled to move to Lima in July. I will need a fulltime nanny/house keeper. Everyone at the school keeps saying, "You will get to have a live in nanny...". I REALLY do not want a live in. Is it possible to find someone full time who is not a live in? Will it cost me more since I will not be providing housing? How trustworthy are most of the domestic workers? I have a FABULOUS nanny here in Zambia and I am very nervous about leaving my son with someone new.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register