Mancora Trip

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
mateo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mancora Trip

Postby mateo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Suppose I wanted to go to Mancora in July.

How much can I expect to pay round trip?

Do you know a nice hotel for an entire family, near/on the water, for $50-70 per night or so?

Pleeeeeez, dont tell me where to go look, or who to ask. I am asking YOU.

If you dont have any experience with this or can't answer the question, fine. Then please don't. But I dont need somebody to tell me to check this website. I know how to do that, but I would like this forum's experiences first.

:D

goingnowherefast

Re: Mancora Trip

Postby goingnowherefast » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:46 pm

I've spent a good amount of time there. You need to check the airlines website for fares. I know you want MY experience, but just because I paid 218 USD round trip from Lima doesn't mean you will also, they can give you a lot better idea of prices than anyone here can.

With regards of places to stay, I don't think you'll find anything in that price range for a NICE place for a family. The definition of nice is going to vary greatly here, but I think you'll pay easily double that for something of Western standards in Mancora during the summer.
inscop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby inscop » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 pm

A big part of the journey is getting from the bus station to the beach and back. When I went we got the worng scoop, so to avoid what happened to us, read my old blog entry:
http://www.travelblog.org/South-America ... 15158.html
franchute

Postby franchute » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 am

Hotelier is a very good option right on the beach

http://www.hotelier.pe/
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby calygirl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:40 pm

We've been to Mancora several times and stay in Pocitas (little Mancora) at the Grandmare. We really enjoy this hotel, great for families. Two pools, right on the beach, sits of places to sit and sip a cocktail or just relax and enjoy the sun. Nice breakfast in the morning and their restaurant is good for other meals, if you don't want to go into town. I recommend.
As you requested, I WON'T send you their website, but you can goggle it if you want.
limaclub

Postby limaclub » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi,
We have a volunteer intern up in Mancora this week working to update our information and set up discounts for our members in Mancora and surrounding areas. If you would like some more detailed information we will have our updated records by end of next week and if your already one of our members we can see what new discounts are available to you.
A hotel we recommend at present in Mancora is-
Laguna Camp. Located on Mancora beach
http://www.vivamancora.com/lagunacamp/
Laguna camp offers doubles, triples and quadruple rooms as well as a bungalow that can accommodate between 6-8 people, which is great for a family. All have private bathrooms.

Hope this has helped with planning your trip and please call in to the club house for further information.
Saludos,

South American Explorers,
956 Enrique Palacios,
Miraflores,
Lima 18.
Tel: 01 447 7731

http://www.saexplorers.org

Open: Mon-Fri: 0930 – 1700 (Weds: 2000); Sat: 0930 - 1300
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:18 pm

goingnowherefast wrote:I've spent a good amount of time there. You need to check the airlines website for fares. I know you want MY experience, but just because I paid 218 USD round trip from Lima doesn't mean you will also, they can give you a lot better idea of prices than anyone here can.

With regards of places to stay, I don't think you'll find anything in that price range for a NICE place for a family. The definition of nice is going to vary greatly here, but I think you'll pay easily double that for something of Western standards in Mancora during the summer.

STARPERU and LAN have packages including flight, hotel, transfers and often meals. It works out cheaper than booking those things seperate.
franchute

Postby franchute » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:14 pm

franchute wrote:Hotelier is a very good option right on the beach

http://www.hotelier.pe/

Ups, I didn't see your comment regarding sending website only. Well I have been once to this Hotel (I also sent my father there one week when he came from France), it is quite small but the rooms are clean and very nice, with an arty decoration and huge king size beds. It is located right on the las Pocitas beach with a nice sunset view. It is owned by the son of Teresa Ocampo, who was a famous cook that had a TV show a few years ago. Therefore the food at the restaurant is good. They also have a bar by the pool.

In short it is a good place if you want calm holidays.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register