Buying a shared piece of land outside of Lima

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Buying a shared piece of land outside of Lima

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Have anyone thought about buying a piece of rural land outside of Lima ?

The small plots of about 500 to 1000 m2 cost more, but could share our dreams together and buying a shared big plot of 1 or more hectares near Lima.

The bigger the land is, the lower the price is ..

Any thoughts..

susita83
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Buying a shared piece of land outside of Lima

Postby susita83 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:46 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Have anyone thought about buying a piece of rural land outside of Lima ?

The small plots of about 500 to 1000 m2 cost more, but could share our dreams together and buying a shared big plot of 1 or more hectares near Lima.

Any thoughts..

We bought some land near the beach @ Playa Leon Dormido. It was fairly inexpensive and we got 1200 m2. The less developed the area, the cheaper it's going to be. I would have liked more but it's a private association.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:58 am

Don't buy land. Invade land.
captsirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captsirl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:12 am

Go for it dude.
Put your washing machine in the front yard and proclaim this land yours
susita83
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby susita83 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:36 am

chi chi wrote:Don't buy land. Invade land.

As long as you don't invade mine, I paid for it 8) My wachiman will kick you out anyways.
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 am

captsirl wrote:Go for it dude.
Put your washing machine in the front yard and proclaim this land yours

:lol:
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:40 am

That only prove that you are not honest and don't have any respect for the law and regulations.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:02 pm

windsportinperu wrote:

That only prove that you are not honest and don't have any respect for the law and regulations.

I didn´t invade land myself. But I understand that poor people do it. Most of Lima started of as an invasion. For example, Villa El Salvador is the biggest district of Lima and started of as an invasion.

Rich people buy large plots of land and hike up the prices so that poor locals are priced out. They no longer can afford a plot of land to build a home and grow their fruit and vegetables. So, they must invade land if they want to live in the area they grew up in and where their family lives.

Same problem in Europe. Rich people buy up land and people can no longer live in the city or village where there parents live and have to move further away with all inconveniences involved.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Rich people buy large plots of land and hike up the prices so that poor locals are priced out. They no longer can afford a plot of land to build a home and grow their fruit and vegetables. So, they must invade land if they want to live in the area they grew up in and where their family lives.

This makes no sense and is off topic. This thread wasn't started to discuss land grabs and gentrification, it's about whether anyone is interested in combining forces to buy land. Please stay on topic.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:06 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Have anyone thought about buying a piece of rural land outside of Lima ?

Any thoughts..

It's sounds like it's better that you buy a big plot and then sell parts of it to other people. Probably, you can recuperate the cost of your own part.
Hawa

Postby Hawa » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Could anyone tell me how much land costs in Villa el Salvador? Is 9000 dollars for 84 meters square a reasonable price? That seems kind of expensive, but I really don't know how to gauge it. Thanks for any help.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Hawa wrote:Could anyone tell me how much land costs in Villa el Salvador? Is 9000 dollars for 84 meters square a reasonable price? That seems kind of expensive, but I really don't know how to gauge it. Thanks for any help.

I asked my gf and she said that's a very reasonable price because land in Villa El Salvador is expensive. Villa El Salvador is a very commercial district and popular area to live. It has good public transport and served by the Metro (electric train) and Metropolitana.
Many business people that have businesses in furniture manufacture, engineering and construction live in the area.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register