Swiffer sweeper?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Swiffer sweeper?

Postby vida.en.peru » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:52 am

Does anyone know if they sell Swiffers anywhere here? I have 2 cats. Between them & all the dust, it would make it much simpler to clean everyday...

Kelly

Re: Swiffer sweeper?

Postby Kelly » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:19 am

I've never found a Swiffer, but we did find a small push broom at Sodimac. The nice thing about it is that you could buy a variety of interchangable heads - we've got a dust mop head, one for cleaning up spills and one for buffing wax. It works really well on the wooden floors.

BUT - we bought this about 5 years ago, I don't know if they still have them.
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Hmm I'll have to look for that..thanks!
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:25 pm

vida.en.peru wrote:Does anyone know if they sell Swiffers anywhere here? I have 2 cats. Between them & all the dust, it would make it much simpler to clean everyday...

Given all the tile and hardwood floors, I'd be surprised if they didn't... Then again, this *IS* Peru, I shouldn't be surprised by anything.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Check out MAESTRO, SODIMAC and HOMECENTER.
captsirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captsirl » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 pm

I had or have a swiffer here once. One swipe under a bed and it toast. It cant handle the Lima dust so its been put away. But SODIMAC has the greatest dry mop ever. Its big enough to for a house but not commercial size. Great between vacs. I do recommend.
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks for the tips! It's difficult for me to imagine anything that works better than a swiffer. That thing has been my number tool since I've had my cats but I will definitely check out the dust mop from Sodimac...
susita83
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby susita83 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 am

Oh please do let me know if you find a swiffer. My mother-in-law uses the infamous rag-on-a-stick :shock: and somehow she gets everything spotless. But it's never worked for me.
GianO
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby GianO » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Swiffer is the best!
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:42 pm

susita83 wrote:Oh please do let me know if you find a swiffer. My mother-in-law uses the infamous rag-on-a-stick :shock: and somehow she gets everything spotless. But it's never worked for me.

Hey Suzy!
If I don't find one I'm considering buying one & bringing it back with me next time I visit :)
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:42 pm

GianO wrote:Swiffer is the best!

I agree!!
Dosedmonkey

Postby Dosedmonkey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Just say them in Lider Santiago, Chile. You have Lider in Peru?
captsirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captsirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm serious. I like the swiffer my self but there is something here in the dust. It fills the static charge pads or overwhelms them in just a few passes over the floor. Never got to the second room on one pad. Yet the dry mop with a little mist of pledge will do the whole house. And you can clean the whole thing in the washing machine once a week. None of us have ever lived anywhere there is this much dust. You will find your friend the swiffer expensive to use and disappointing.
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:00 am

captsirl wrote:I'm serious. I like the swiffer my self but there is something here in the dust. It fills the static charge pads or overwhelms them in just a few passes over the floor. Never got to the second room on one pad. Yet the dry mop with a little mist of pledge will do the whole house. And you can clean the whole thing in the washing machine once a week. None of us have ever lived anywhere there is this much dust. You will find your friend the swiffer expensive to use and disappointing.

Thanks for letting us know...what is the brand of the dry mop you have? I saw one yesterday that looked nice but there were a couple...don't want to buy the wrong one just to waste money.
captsirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captsirl » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:48 pm

OK here it is.
VIRUTEX
PERFECT
Mopa Plana Microactiva
Now to make it work like a swiffer and give it that static charge that makes the swiffer work so well.
Spray little Pledge (furniture wax) from about a foot away on the cloth part . Not much, you don't want it to get wet, just add that static charge to attract the fine dust and cat hair.
SODIMAC has them for 39 soles with the white extra fine pad. on it.
Its washable and works.
I mite be a guy but I worked for years on yachts and I like floors to shine. lol
I think you will find this a very good product.
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:11 pm

captsirl wrote:OK here it is.
VIRUTEX
PERFECT
Mopa Plana Microactiva
Now to make it work like a swiffer and give it that static charge that makes the swiffer work so well.
Spray little Pledge (furniture wax) from about a foot away on the cloth part . Not much, you don't want it to get wet, just add that static charge to attract the fine dust and cat hair.
Its washable and works.
I mite be a guy but I worked for years on yachts and I like floors to shine. lol

Great, thanks! I'll try it!
captsirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captsirl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:51 am

Hmmmmm / Silence
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 pm

captsirl wrote:OK here it is.
VIRUTEX
PERFECT
Mopa Plana Microactiva
Its washable and works.

If this has interchangable heads, sounds like the same one we've got - ours is also a Virutex with a telescoping handle and a plastic head that allows you to put a variety of different covers on it. There's one that's just like a dustmop - long yarn like threads that really pick up everything without getting the dust flying around. And all the heads are washable.
captsirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captsirl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:16 pm

That's it
I have a swiffer also / But it cant handle Lima affordably
This thing does a great job for me
hojoos

Postby hojoos » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:46 pm

The broom is suitable for cleaning smooth surfaces such as wooden floors, balconies, and terraces. Tightly set bristles easily capture fine dust particles along with the larger amount of garbage. Recently we have installed hardwood flooring and now I am thinking how to clean it the best way… I wash it with the mop but the crumbs stay in holes so I am thinking to buy a broom. Found this https://cleanhomeguide.com/best-brooms- ... od-floors/, what can you say?

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register